Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Del, that might apaply if I was hunting grassu urban parks, however - - - -

June 27, 2020 07:29PM avatar
I'm convinced I could have easily found that silver with my CTX (or Etrac)! smiling smiley
Monte
Located and taken care of.thumbs up I will be making a mini vacation to visit my youngest son, Bryan, and his family, and that will put me in the neighborhood to pick-up and pay for my final XLT. At #35 I plan to not pat with this one until I reach a point where I have to quite metal detecting or good due to health concerns. If I die before I get to that point, my oldest and youngest, Monte Jr. and Bryan, can decide if one of them wants to keep it and put it to good use, or sell it off with my other belongings to split the pot (once I am peacefully resting of course).

I found over half of my silver coins last year using an XLT with my 'Bushwhack' program and 6½" Concentric coil, and I'm doing terrible on silver this year. I'll start putting the XLT to work as soon as I get it in my hands.

That will put me over 10 separate devices in my Outfit so I am still going to thin out a few of what I use .... occasionally. I plan to get down to (not counting any duplicates and listed alphabetically by brand) a Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro Pack; Nokta CoRe, Relic and Simplex +; Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX; White's XLT; XP ORX. Those ought to cover most of my hunt-site needs.

Monte.

I was using an XLT with my 'Bushwhack' program and 6½" Concentric coil in the ghost town of Rippville and a couple of other very iron-contaminated sites. While I have preferred makes / models for the most challenging of them, I know full well the E-Trac, CTX-3030, Explorer II and any comparable performer does terrible when it comes to dealing with a high iron trash content. I know the XLT.smiling smiley

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Vista 'X' / Vanquish 540 / CoRe, Relic & Simplex + / Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX / XLT / ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive .. Headphones: Killer B's 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' ... White's 'Pro Star'
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Whites XLT thinking - yes again

WM6 77 June 24, 2020 11:26PM

WM6 ... A reply for you and anyone curious. ... Monte and the XLT.

Monte 55 June 25, 2020 05:31AM

I'll be getting my 35th XLT shortly. -- (Updted to correct what I forgot to add.)

Monte 43 June 27, 2020 04:40AM

I'll be getting my 35th XLT shortly.

D&P-OR 44 June 27, 2020 09:08AM

Del, that might apaply if I was hunting grassu urban parks, however - - - -

Monte 24 June 27, 2020 07:29PM

Etrac, CTX3030 | XLT

UtahRich 31 June 27, 2020 07:02PM

When it comes to the Etrac / CTX-3030 Vs XLT ... You're quite correct, Rich.

Monte 21 June 28, 2020 02:00AM

Re: Etrac, CTX3030 | XLT

D&P-OR 19 June 27, 2020 09:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018