Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blisstool Adventure

August 10, 2020 03:10AM
Still learning this beast and its discrimination controls.
Tried some new settings to try after doing some bench test experimenting.
Was able to come up with settings that would still pick up the good targets and get rid of canslaw and iron.

It had to do with a combination of the Disc Rejection Control, Disc Depth Control and the three Disc toggle switch settings.

Got out late this afternoon for a couple hours or so. Did go back over to the school to one field that I have not done with the Bliss.
Went to see what the other detectors missed. Used the new settings.

Worked fine, found a few dimes, few nickels and about 15 pennies.

Was paying attention to what the disc toggle position settings 1,2, and 3 were telling me.
Hunted in 3, least amount of rejection.
If a target broke up. Would drop down to 1, check the target, if it broke up, it was junk. Still in 1, By raising the coil about 6", if the audio went lower in volume or quiet the higher the coil was raised, it was junk, canslaw.
If by raising the coil, the audio would clean up and get louder, it was deeper iron. If checking in 1 and get a good tone. Time to dig, generally a Can clad dime or nickel.

Checking in 2, if it broke up, probably trash, then double checked in 1.

Finding I could hunt in 3 and then just check in 1.

At this point hunting this way eliminates a lot of trash digging. Takes a bit of time to visualize what is happening and get a better understanding of the Disc controls. Need a lot more time hunting with it.

Still working out the fast sweep over a possible junk target, like when using a Tesoro. Think it works, just not 100% sure yet.

Tried ground balancing at another spot on the field, getting some EMI near some power lines. That's when I noticed the Fine Tune pot will be needing replacing, between 4 and 7, it noisy and can't keep any control setting there.
Had to use the settings below and above those numbers and adjust the coarse control to compensate. Think there was one more pot that was kind of scratchy sounding. Sometime will get in there to replace them with some precision
pots I have here, hopefully have the correct resistance values on hand.

Overall, had a good time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I dig it with a Nokta/Makro product.
Impact...M-Kruzer..Anfibio-Multi...Simplex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2020 03:12AM by SvenS.
Subject Author Views Posted

Blisstool Adventure

SvenS 85 August 10, 2020 03:10AM

Having a "good time" was a good thing.

Monte 62 August 10, 2020 03:52AM

Re: Having a "good time" was a good thing.

D&P-OR 61 August 10, 2020 02:00PM

Re: Having a "good time" was a good thing.

SvenS 53 August 10, 2020 02:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 47
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020