Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Okay, let's change the ONE NEW Detector shopping list. Try this one:

August 20, 2020 08:15PM avatar
Now, here's a question that is really going to be a tough choice for people like me who currently HAVE a versatile selection of several makes and models. If you have more than one, to maybe a dozen or so, it is going to be more difficult.

Follow Step #1: Currently own and use detectors: Now, be honest and list ALL of the detectors you currently own and use. From low-end to top-dollar, list them all.

Then go to Step #2: List ONLY ONE detector you would get, and one extra coil, to last you for one year. Only ONE currently manufactured new detector ... but it can NOT be a detector that you currently own and use! eye popping smiley

This can make us all think through what we now use and favor. Just imagine the company went kapoof! like Tesoro and White's and you're left with what's available now and still being made. Okay, this time I'll start and think-through my reply:

Step #1: Detectors in my current outfit:

Minelab Vanquish 540
Nokta FORS CoRe
Nokta FORS Relic
Nokta / Makro Anfibio Multi
Nokta / Makro Simplex + (2)
Tesoro Bandido II µMAX
Tesoro Silver Sabre µMAX
White's XLT

confused smileyconfused smiley--What detector models do I NOT currently own and use that I like and might select from???

Fisher F44 w/o a tear-drop coil.
Garrett Apex
Minelab Equinox 800
Nokta / Makro Racer 2
Nokta / Makro Impact
Teknetics T2+
XP ORX

Due to all the models that I currently own and use, it sure cuts into the list of 'considerables' to pick from.thinking In this case, it is a tough one for me because I have owned and used all of these except the Apex, so I already know all the things I like and dislike about these models. So if I had the opportunity to handle any detector before making a final decision, I would certainly want to have an APEX in my hand for perhaps 30 minutes to check out.

If I liked it enough, that would likely be my pick to put up with for a year and learn it along the way. But if I couldn't handle any detector first and just had to select ONE brand new unit, then my answer would be ...

Step #2: The ONE detector I would buy to last me for a year would be:

The Nokta / Makro Racer 2 w/5" DD coil.

If I could select only two coils and one didn't have to be a 'stock' coil, I would get the 7" Concentric and 5" DD. This could easily handle any Coin Hunting or Relic Hunting or even most Beach Hunting tasks for a year, allowing me to deal with a lot of iron debris, and still provide the excellent Nokta / Makro circuitry design that makes the CoRe, Relic, Impact, Anfibio Multi and Simplex + such desirable detectors to use.

And if I couldn't find a brand New Racer 2, my 2nd and 3rd choices would be the Teknetics T2+ and Nokta / Makro Impact.

Okay, I kept my reply simple and showed you how to answer. Now, tell us all WHAT you have and use now, and name the ONE brand new, currently manufactured model YOU would select, if you couldn't own what you have and use now.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: F5; Apex; Vanquish 540; FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 & Simplex +; T2+; Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2020 08:11PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Okay, let's change the ONE NEW Detector shopping list. Try this one:

Monte 139 August 20, 2020 08:15PM

Re: Okay, let's change the ONE NEW Detector shopping list. Try this one:

Digstrashtomuch 77 August 22, 2020 01:07PM

And now, for a reassessment of my One Detector Pick.

Monte 94 August 22, 2020 02:29AM

ONE NEW Detector shopping list.

UtahRich 84 August 21, 2020 01:56PM

Yes, Rich, a good answer and for now will put another check in the Garrett Apex column.

Monte 67 August 21, 2020 03:36PM

OregonGregg 83 August 21, 2020 12:32PM

A very clear response from OregonGregg, and will put a check in the Garrett Apex column. N/T

Monte 58 August 21, 2020 03:31PM

What ? A No Go on the Equinox 800 ? Tones ?

UtahRich 70 August 21, 2020 02:40PM

Re: What ? A No Go on the Equinox 800 ? Tones ?

OregonGregg 73 August 21, 2020 02:55PM

Dan'o 81 August 21, 2020 08:31AM

Dan'o, thank you for another good answer. Chalk one up for the Equinox crowd. N/T

Monte 56 August 21, 2020 03:29PM

diggindeep 80 August 21, 2020 08:16AM

Andrew, a very good answer that, as you describe, fits your needs. N/T

Monte 56 August 21, 2020 03:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 47
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020