Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Darn, you ruined my surprise.sad smiley

August 27, 2020 01:10PM avatar
OregonGregg
Come across this. Is this a F19 remade ?? I'm not that familiar with 1st Texas Products. Anyhow for what it is, it seemed to do a pretty decent job.

At 20:54 he does a NBT with the stock coil.

I have two detectors scheduled to arrive on Monday, and almost made a trade deal with a fellow to get a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro. Then I was planning to surprise you with: "I have a new Bounty Hunter!" and see what your response would be.tongue sticking out smiley

The Fisher F19 and Teknetics G2+ share the same circuitry but are in different rod and packaging configurations. They are more expensive than the Time Range Pro, but slipping the circuitry into a different-looking package, and using the mass-marketed Bounty Hunter line, they brought a model that is priced at or near the popular ±$500 price point. The MSRP is only $449. I almost got one this past January, but having owned 4 F-19's already and parting with them, and still trying to thin out my detector inventory, I didn't feel the need at the time.

I used my 5" DD coil on an F19 and it did 'OK' but the 2-Tone circuitry used, combined with the performance, still didn't bring the F19 to a level of performance in dense iron nail littered sites to compete with other makes and models I owned. I do have two coils I'd like to try on one of these three models, the F19, GT+ or Time ranger Pro, but what has me more excited in the pricing.

The F19 and G2+ had an MSRP of $899, but along with seeing the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro featuring this circuitry at $449, we have also seen the F19 and G2+ models being reduced to $449 at most on-line vendors. So my thought was that perhaps this circuitry package will continue to be available in the Bounty Hunter brand and maybe, just maybe, FTP is going to phase them out of thre Fisher and Teknetics brands as they bring out a new, improved, and more creative upper-end mode? Crossing my fingers.

Oh, one other difference is the F19 usually sold with the heavy-feeling, solid 5X10 DD and the Time Ranger Pro uses that ugly-looing 11" BiAxial coil.

Monte

PS: I watched the video and the NBPT and noted that not only was John likely to have a problem due to using the bigger-size standard coil, but in dense trash like that you should have been using a much slower sweep speed ... as well as a smaller-size coil.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Daily Use: Apex -- Vanquish 540 -- Racer 2 & Simplex + -- Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX -- MX-7
Specialty Use: CoRe -- Relic -- XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2020 01:20PM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Was surprised overall

OregonGregg 113 August 27, 2020 10:58AM

Re: Was surprised overall

Kickindirt 73 August 27, 2020 01:57PM

Darn, you ruined my surprise.sad smiley

Monte 81 August 27, 2020 01:10PM

What? Thinning out the detectors?

UtahRich 68 August 27, 2020 06:00PM

Re: What? Thinning out the detectors?

D&P-OR 66 August 27, 2020 06:36PM

Re: Was surprised overall

diggindeep 75 August 27, 2020 11:45AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020