Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Coin Hunter question for USA and foreign hobbyists.

August 30, 2020 12:00PM avatar
Is it legal in your City, County, State or Country for a hobbyist to go metal detecting in what many of us consider public areas? Those would include Parks, Schools, Fields, grassy easements or other similar areas.

Generally in my travels I will search any so-called public area, as I just described, unless there is a sign posted at the location banning the use of metal detectors. I seldom find that where I live out here in the western USA.

I would presume that hobbyists are either allowed to metal detect, or they are banned from metal detecting, or in some locations they might be required to obtain a permit that would regulate when and where they could metal detect.

I am curious, what are the opportunities where readers live to enjoy recreational metal detecting. In your reply, please mention the country, state or local area if you would, and not a specific park or location.

With that said since we're enjoying a very pleasant but rather windy day, I think I will go to my small town park where metal detecting was banned in the mid-to-late '70s but is unrestricted nowadays. Park workers do frown on the use of shovels or even trowels, but rounded-off screwdrivers to probe and pop targets is no problem.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

A Coin Hunter question for USA and foreign hobbyists.

Monte 127 August 30, 2020 12:00PM

Re: A Coin Hunter question for USA and foreign hobbyists.

desertsmith 56 September 04, 2020 04:31PM

Druid 60 September 04, 2020 02:35PM

dixiedigger57 61 August 31, 2020 01:08PM

jmaryt 75 August 30, 2020 02:56PM

Albert 67 August 30, 2020 02:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020