Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Vista X time

September 06, 2020 09:55AM
How are you getting along without any 'visual' indicators when you're hunting? Is the audio enough for you?

I really like the audio only aspect and find that it is very telling. There are a fair amount of nails and bolts in the area I hunted and with the iron audio volume set where I like it, it's pretty easy to tell deep iron as it almost always gives the iron tone while pinpointing.

Do you recover a lot of deep rusty nails you thought would be coins?

No, not really. I have dug foil and square tabs that I thought were coins but not really any nails.

Which coil(s) have you been using? And what are you're thoughts about the X's separation and depth?

I have the stock 11" and the round 5". Yesterday I used the 11" and could hear both iron and good signals together without any difficulty. I ran 0 gain and threshold quite often (just to vacuum the surface finds) and still was recovering coins from 3" to maybe the 4" mark. Depth is very impressive with the 11" coil - deepest item recovered was can slaw at 8" or so.
I really like the 5" coil as it's separation is on par with the Anfibio but with a much cleaner tone.
As I stated, I disc'd out zinc pennies and was hitting wheat pennies with authority! The disc circuitry is very sensitive and precise. I wish the Tesoro's were that precise!

The build quality is really good, however, you do have to make sure the cam locks are good and tight.

with the batteries under the arm cuff the 11" is balanced really well, so much so, I'm getting the 14" to take back east to use on some farm fields. I can swing the 11" all day with almost zero issues.

The handle angle for me is not steep enough and I'm in the process of taking it apart to anneal and bend it into a more upright position.

I was hitting on tiny, thin pieces of opened up paper clips with the disc at 21 ish which is just discing out nails. These things had a very thin diameter, thin needle like.

Once again, it has a very clean, clear audio, both low and high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2020 09:58AM by Dan'o.
Subject Author Views Posted

My last couple of outings Attachments

Dan'o 112 September 05, 2020 01:30PM

Congrats! Glad to hear you got out hunting with the Vista X.thumbs up N/T

Monte 47 September 06, 2020 09:14AM

Vista X time

UtahRich 64 September 05, 2020 11:30PM

Rich, I was also waiting to hear Dan's reply, but here are my observations.

Monte 64 September 06, 2020 11:03AM

Re: Vista X time

Dan'o 62 September 06, 2020 09:55AM

Thanks for the feedback. thumbs up N/T

UtahRich 44 September 06, 2020 07:51PM

Re: My last couple of outings

Kickindirt 63 September 05, 2020 04:14PM

Timbertodd 57 September 05, 2020 04:14PM

OregonGregg 54 September 05, 2020 04:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020