Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Troy X-2 Adjustment help needed.

September 08, 2020 05:59AM
it nulls out a zinc and Indian head, finds a copper wheatie. so i opened it up to set it to accept the indian head. but did not know how far to turn the screw on the oblong box. i marked it, turned it some both ways and was holding down the button while the wife waved the coins. i used a modern zinc, a 1950s wheat, and a 1902 Indian head. got no change. did not know if it took several turns or doing something wrong or what. i put it back where it was.

anyone know?

was wondering if the original owner cranked it down and messed the pot up or i did not turn it enough or doing it wrong. i am doing the right pot, its on the backside face plate , long rectangle light blue, screw in end, right beside coin check button. i turned machine on lol.

i did go to a hammered area permission closed private lake picnic area. tables gone for 2 decades. many silvers came up here. i know there are zincs and copper pennies tabs and crown caps as well as wads of grill foil. kids do run there every summer, except this year , from the church day camp, so a few modern drops. I DUG EVERYTHING THAT MADE A SOUND. COINCHECKED IT ALL. it hit the copper coins fine, . some thick wadded grill foil a few times fooled it. but no zinc, pulltab or crown bottle cap fooled it.

i wont be using the feature much but want to get it right for the real manicured places where selectivity is probably a good idea to leave less tracks. the odds of the rare Indianhead are not good, most soil damaged hard here, unless i go south, and silver more a sure bet of a nice coin.

thanks.

PS it sure is nice to swing... all day hunter! .
Subject Author Views Posted

Troy X-2 Adjustment help needed.

dixiedigger57 65 September 08, 2020 05:59AM

Troy Custom's Shadow X-2 'Coin Check' adjustment.

Monte 56 September 08, 2020 08:42AM

Thanks Monte thats the way it was

dixiedigger57 49 September 08, 2020 09:14AM

Re: Thanks Monte thats the way it was

UtahRich 48 September 08, 2020 03:17PM

Yes, I only used coin check with a Shadow X2 in a modern Park with a lot of modern Zinc pennies . N/T

Monte 41 September 08, 2020 03:04PM

looking at indian heads,, see what you mean

dixiedigger57 52 September 11, 2020 07:28AM

Good story, and very good detectors to use.

Monte 50 September 11, 2020 09:36AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 73
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020