Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

an observation with the Coin check on the Shadow

September 20, 2020 07:33AM
I did get out a little while before something came up, i was just getting in a groove unfortunately. i went to downtown Macon in the divided street parks about road wide. this year it has given me a couple Barber Dimes, Mercs, tokens, a whopper sterling ring with moonstones and a sterling ring setting. lots of clad and blingy thingys . so much underground iron and pipes but it just keeps giving. using the Shadow x2 i decided to experiment. i ran the disc to a whopping 6--- over pulltabs, looking for high value targets. and i coinchecked them all. a few clad dimes, and quarters, and pennies were copper and i got it to scratch over zincs using coincheck. i had three surprise signals. all were junk and one was a heartbreaker.. a silver plated anniversary band with sparkles bling, that was copper washed underneath i found out later. and two junk plated earrings later. All coinchecked as a coin. so did a holed alloy washer. i have noticed on Tesoros that they like things that are round loops, hole in the middle.

has anyone noticed even some junk targets, if they form a loop, even a twisted copper wire loop, that they give a good sound? is it because of the hole in the middle or have i completely just lost my mind? ...well dont answer the last part....

May the last hole i dig be my own, and will a fellow detectorist cover me up. And you can have the pulltab!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2020 07:36AM by dixiedigger57.
Subject Author Views Posted

an observation with the Coin check on the Shadow

dixiedigger57 68 September 20, 2020 07:33AM

Re: an observation with the Coin check on the Shadow

Hombre 56 September 20, 2020 08:56AM

Re: an observation with the Coin check on the Shadow

dixiedigger57 47 September 21, 2020 07:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 65
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020