Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The Results →→→ 7 detectors take on a 3"X4"X1¼" rock.

September 28, 2020 10:46AM
Excellent comparative test by Mr. Monte ...
It is a good comparison of the possibilities of detectors in such an environment...thumbs up.

Mineralization ..is a topic that has interested me for quite some time ...
In your test on an IMB object, you can see ... that Whites and Tesoro detectors with concentric coils certainly have a problem detecting correctly ... zinc-cent under a mineralized stone .....

Vanquish, Simplex, Fors Core, and Apex detectors that use DD coils have significantly better results here ..., but of course some detectors can do it better. ,, even though the multifrequency still does not automatically guarantee significantly better results ...

Although the DD coil itself also has one definite effect when working in mineralization ... it is the so-called "empty window" of this coil .. at a certain range of the height of the DD coil above the heavily mineralized terrain ..

Of my detectors, Minelab Equinox, Whites MXT, Rutus Alter 71. and Teknetics G2 detectors work best in mineralization ...

Other detectors are Vista Gold Gain, Whites Spectra V3 with good tuning have good results ... I can also include Vanquish here .. mainly for its multi-IQ ID ... although its fixed recovery speed will work well only until a certain degree of mineralization .....

When detecting in strong mineralization, forget about the too fast movement of the coil ... as the detector can handle in large mineralization terrain. Adjust the sweeping speed of the coil to the given model of the detector what you use ...- choose the sweeping speed as well as the detector electronics can handle ... ..
It is similar to Mr. Monte's separate Performance Nailboard Test ....there you will also learn how fast you can sweep the coil for speed.... for a good-optimal detector work result ...

When using the DD coil .... I usually recommend sweeping the coil very close to the ground ... if you want to get a deep signal ... even if there are exceptions such as the Vista Gold Gain 30 khz detector with a DD coil, detection with a coil about 5 helps. -6 cm above the ground..to get a better deep signal ..

You can use concentric coils a little higher above the ground ... and a certain advantage of these coils is that they can correctly detect an object that lies on mineralized terrain in the entire detection range of the coil above the ground ...

I think Mr. WM6 ... could also write a lot enough to comment on this topic ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2020 10:53AM by EL NINO.
Subject Author Views Posted

How about useable detectors for very high mineralization, pea gravel, rocks and IMB's?

Monte 110 September 26, 2020 12:16PM

Saturday was interesting with 7 different detectors.

Monte 69 September 27, 2020 08:35AM

The Results →→→ 7 detectors take on a 3"X4"X1¼" rock.

Monte 71 September 27, 2020 08:23PM

Re: The Results →→→ 7 detectors take on a 3"X4"X1¼" rock.

EL NINO 45 September 28, 2020 10:46AM

Just some reminders and why I like having a versatile team of detectors.

Monte 45 September 28, 2020 07:21AM

How about the Nokta FORS CoRe?

Kickindirt 46 September 28, 2020 07:04AM

How about the Nokta FORS CoRe?

Monte 49 September 28, 2020 07:48AM

Re: How about the Nokta FORS CoRe?

Kickindirt 38 September 28, 2020 09:15AM

"What means "IMB?----Or did I miss it?" ... My initial post: Intense Mineral Body N/T

D&P-OR 38 September 27, 2020 09:01PM

Re: "What means "IMB?----Or did I miss it?" ... My initial post: Intense Mineral Body

D&P-OR 40 September 27, 2020 10:39PM

Re: How about useable detectors for very high mineralization, pea gravel, rocks and IMB's?

RickUK 45 September 27, 2020 08:04AM

Re: How about useable detectors for very high mineralization, pea gravel, rocks and IMB's?

UtahRich 41 September 28, 2020 12:02AM

RickUK, nice to read your site history and search info.

Monte 39 September 27, 2020 09:14AM

Timbertodd 51 September 26, 2020 03:51PM

Comments about your MXT and Apex experiences.

Monte 57 September 27, 2020 01:05AM

D&P-OR 56 September 26, 2020 02:37PM

"Try the CTX out there also Monte---you'll love it!thumbs up" ... Nope.

Monte 61 September 26, 2020 07:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020