Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EMI sources Husqvarna?

October 07, 2020 08:57AM
I went out last night to hunt for an hour or so, got to a field where I've been hunting with virtually no EMI problems while using the EQ800. I did the standard setup and noise cancel using multi freq and immediately began having severe EMI feedback problems. Dropped the sensitivity down to 10 to get it down to something manageable, but still not great. Went to GB and had a 60 cycle hum which I have never heard in this machine. I continued walking across the field, knowing that there must be a new and very strong emitter somewhere. So out in the middle of the field with nothing around me I began looking for a possible source and noticed what looked like a small gray wagon under a large pine.. I walked over and found a Husqvarna robotic mower (which evidently had just mowed this field, and did a spectacular job, lines straight as a laser) It was sitting a what I think was a charging mat, about thirty inches wide, plugged into an outlet right next to the trunk of the tree. Assuming that was the source, I walked to the very farthest point on the field from that source, maybe 200 yards, and tried to adjust the settings back to what was normal for that field, and I could not get it to operate properly using multi-freq. It would run in 14k, so I continued hunting at distance from the charging pad, finding a few coins along with the usual junk before darkness ended my hunt. I am still having problem understanding how much EMI could originate on that charging pad, just lying there in the ground, and how far away it would affect the detector.
Subject Author Views Posted

EMI sources Husqvarna?

Sodbuster 73 October 07, 2020 08:57AM

Re: EMI sources Husqvarna?

dixiedigger57 39 October 08, 2020 10:16AM

But wait! This should be the season for small radio stations.smiling bouncing smiley

Monte 47 October 08, 2020 11:04AM

Sometimes the sources of a problem or even the observed distance can be surpsising.

Monte 45 October 07, 2020 11:28AM

Re: Sometimes the sources of a problem or even the observed distance can be surpsising.

Senior Deacon 33 October 10, 2020 07:10PM

Cell phone, a device that has never caused me EMI problems.

Monte 33 October 11, 2020 06:11AM

Re: Cell phone, a device that has never caused me EMI problems.

Senior Deacon 31 October 11, 2020 04:03PM

Carrying electronic devices.

Monte 31 October 12, 2020 08:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 52
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020