Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

But wait! This should be the season for small radio stations.smiling bouncing smiley

October 08, 2020 11:04AM avatar
At least it used to be .... hurray for the BFO's and fall baseball sports-fans like me!

dixiedigger57
there are also some radio transmitters from a small radio station across from one park-- forget it.

Yes, with a lot of our more modern, high-tech detectors we can experience more EMI issues near radio stations and transmission towers. But in '68 when I only had a BFO, or even in '72 when I had TR, TR-Disc. and BFO' in my outfit, I would often take the BFO with good headphones and go to church. That is, go to hunt the grassy areas at my church because in the adjacent field was a small radio station tower. With the BFO I could tune it and listen to the motor-boating audio to hunt while at the same time hear the radio station. Not for music, but it was fall and I could listen to the world series or the playoff games that lead to the big finally.

I haven't been in a location to do that since about '72 to '74. I moved away from having that place close-by to hunt, and also made some significant detector changes in '75 and on into the future. Better detectors, more interference, and I had to either concentrate on going out detecting or plunking down in from of the TV at home.

We never know when we might encounter some out-of-sight EMI sources so I like to travel with a few detectors in order to grab one that might be least affected.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: F5; Apex; Vanquish 540; FORS CoRe, FORS Relic, Racer 2 & Simplex +; T2+; Bandido II ┬ÁMAX & Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX; XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

EMI sources Husqvarna?

Sodbuster 75 October 07, 2020 08:57AM

Re: EMI sources Husqvarna?

dixiedigger57 39 October 08, 2020 10:16AM

But wait! This should be the season for small radio stations.smiling bouncing smiley

Monte 47 October 08, 2020 11:04AM

Sometimes the sources of a problem or even the observed distance can be surpsising.

Monte 46 October 07, 2020 11:28AM

Re: Sometimes the sources of a problem or even the observed distance can be surpsising.

Senior Deacon 33 October 10, 2020 07:10PM

Cell phone, a device that has never caused me EMI problems.

Monte 35 October 11, 2020 06:11AM

Re: Cell phone, a device that has never caused me EMI problems.

Senior Deacon 32 October 11, 2020 04:03PM

Carrying electronic devices.

Monte 32 October 12, 2020 08:05AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 51
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020