Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bench testing, comparisons using test samples, and some detecting.

October 14, 2020 11:08AM avatar
When I prepare these evaluations I will be listing all the models I use in order of their price. I will also show the adjustment modes and features they have, the default settings, their operating frequencies, and a measurement of their results for each of the different test scenarios they will all be used on.

If I have any search coils other than what they come with, I will also check those out and include results and comments on those as well.

Depending upon weather conditions and
access to some sites, I'm going to try and work each of these detectors in both coin hunting locations as well as a ghost town or two just to add more iron debris challenge.

I will use my Nail Board, Separation Stick, a US Nickel between two iron nails, a US Penny under a rock, and several other tests which can duplicate some in the field encounters.

I already know, ahead of time, some of the comparison results are going to be interesting to quite a few readers. It will take me some time to do all the testing but I know OregonGregg is going to come over for part of a day to help me out. That will give a different perspective on the results as well.

If there is a particular test comparison you would like to know about, please email me and describe what that test would be.

Thanks and be ready for the review,

Monte

PS: I know for sure some results will be interesting because I just checked out the first detector that arrived yesterday on the Nail Board, and it gave 6-out-of-8 dig-worthy hits with a seven inch concentric coil. For me, I require 6 to pass the test, but for hunting in dense iron nail contaminated sites I only use a detector and coil combination that gives me 7 or 8 hits out-of-8.

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detectors: Fisher F5; Garrett Apex; Minelab Vanquish 540; Nokta / Makro FORS CoRe, FORS Relic & Simplex +;
Teknetics T2+; Tesoro Bandido II µMAX & Silver Sabre µMAX; White's XLT
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive -- ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' -- MS-3 Z-Lynk -- ML-80 -- N/M Green Edition
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

►► Questions: About "Entry-Level" and "Mid-Level" Metal Detectors. --- Updated 10/14

Monte 110 October 09, 2020 08:05PM

'diggindeep' responds ....

diggindeep 43 October 14, 2020 01:37PM

Back to 'diggindeep' regarding models to acquire and evaluate.

Monte 27 October 16, 2020 03:34AM

To those who've inquired: Yes, I'll be doing an "Upper-Range" evaluation following this one.

Monte 36 October 14, 2020 12:58PM

Bench testing, comparisons using test samples, and some detecting.

Monte 45 October 14, 2020 11:08AM

Looking forward to the evaluation results Monte. N/T

Timbertodd 30 October 14, 2020 01:23PM

Re: Questions regarding "Entry-Level' -- "Beginner-Level' -- 'Kids Detectors?'

jmaryt 43 October 10, 2020 05:07PM

Timbertodd 54 October 10, 2020 09:29AM

"Entry-Level' -- "Beginner-Level' -- 'Kids Detectors?'

UtahRich 52 October 09, 2020 10:21PM

Druid 49 October 09, 2020 08:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 356 on August 30, 2020