Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Learning about 'Iron' can be very helpful.

October 23, 2020 02:20PM avatar
Considering the more common problem targets, Iron Nails. Also learning how to deal with multiple Nails or other ferrous debris we are likely to encounter.

Naturally, a lot will depend on where we hunt, the particular location and former activity, and also on what makes and models detectors we choose to use. The coil choice, the operating frequency and the various settings we have at-hand, and sweep speed used.

The more learned a hobbyists gets they tend to become more of an avid detectorist and start to concentrate on more Iron Nail infested sites, actually listening FOR Iron Nails and similar debris. Then slowly and patiently working around the discarded junk while hoping to hear a good, positive response from a partially-masked keeper. After a while, hunting in Iron can often be 'fun' .... if you let it be.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Iron hunting tips

Coinboy 98 October 22, 2020 11:30AM

Learning about 'Iron' can be very helpful.

Monte 55 October 23, 2020 02:20PM

Heck, my Tesoro Outlaw would ace those tests especially with my small coil.

Hombre 44 October 24, 2020 01:18PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020