Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Todd, ignore the manual instructions.

November 25, 2020 06:55PM avatar
Fact: The Bandido II µMAX uses a 3¾-turn GB control that has an adjustment-end 'drag.' All that means is you reached the end and can only turn the other direction to make changes.

Fact: Trying to adjust to a "mid-point" at 2-turns from either end serves very little purpose except if you're in very mellow ground you'll have less control adjustment to reach a 'proper' GB setting.

Fact: You do NOT need to be in the middle or at either end or be anywhere in the full range of that control in order to properly Ground Balance.

Fact: Dothe folloowing:

1..Turn the Bandido II µMAX 'On'

2.. Toggle to 'Auto'

3.. Toggle to All Metal

4.. Adjust a 'proper' slight audio Threshold 'Hum'

5.. Hold the search coil about 6" to 8" off of metal-free ground, in All Metal and hear that proper' Threshold audio.

6.. Lower the search coil to about ½" to 1" from the ground and listen for any audio change as it approaches the ground.

7.. Continue to Lower and Raise the coil in a bobbing fashion from 6" to ½"-1" and while doing so, adjust ONLY the Ground Adjust control until there is very little, if any, change as the coil nears the ground or is lifted away from the ground. At that point the device is Ground Balanced.

DONE!

Then search in All Metal or switch to the motion-based, silent-search Discriminate mode and hunt away. It is that easy. No need to mess around with finding an end of adjustment or trying to find a middle of adjustment or trying to line up a control knob pointer. Just get a Threshold, adjust the GB, then go hunt.

I had a lot of customers who, for whatever reason, struggled to figure out such a simple function with a manually GB'ed model that I encouraged them to buy a factory preset or "turn-on-and-go" model, such as a Silver Sabre µMAX. Kickindirt has a nice one for sale on the Buy / Sell / Trade classified section and then you won't need to be concerned for no reason at all.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Bandido II µMax GB'ing, and slight rotary switch "drag".

ToddB64 56 November 25, 2020 06:12PM

Todd, ignore the manual instructions.

Monte 45 November 25, 2020 06:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 67
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020