Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A big 'Thank You' ... Quick Update ... And my sincere appreciation for all your kind thoughts.thumbs up

December 29, 2020 02:40AM avatar
No need to add more comment because I'm still a bit under the weather, home now, but enduring winter's blast and some really weakening health.

I wasn't feeling too great by the 11th & 12th. Crossing my fingers I was hoping it was simply some colder weather issues and I had a simple bit of the flu. My youngest son, Bryan, came to visit on the 13th for a day or two, but by Monday the 14th I was really week and could hardly move. He headed home on the 15th & 16th as I continued to try and fool myself that I was simply run down due to my Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Blood Clots in both legs, Kidney Disease, Gallbladder issues and ... a wee bit of crummy weather. I kept getting weaker and could hardly talk, couldn't take care of Miss Rikki. fix anything to eat, and, of all things, get on the computer to type out any of my routine short messages.eye popping smiley. Definitely a sign things were not good.

Sorry to ramble, but I know we all can go though colds and flu and typical seasonal things this time of year and we pass it off as being 'normal'. We'll my health is bad enough, but in this case I wasn't thinking I'd get bothered by Covid-19 .... not in dinky Vale Oregon with fresh air and the fresh open outdoors all around me. .... but I did. Monte Jr. came over to help me out as I didn't have the strength to stand from my couch. Had to get on the floor and crawl through my den to get to the bathroom, and then it was a struggle to try and stand to take care of getting to the thrown. Finally, he convinced me to let him call EMT's on the 21st, and off I went to the hospital in Ontario. They checked me, twice, to verify Covid, transported me to the newer hospital in Nampa Idaho, and stuck more things in me than I cared to have .... or where I wanted them.sad smiley I was very miserable through all of last week, through Christmas, and on through yesterday, the 27th.

They said I was making significant improvement, even though I have a heavy belt I wear around my chest so my son can help get me up and stabilize me. I have to remain on incubation through the 5th of January. They are gong to be assigning Home Health Care and getting me a walker that will get me through my doorways to get around my house.

Again, I'm not pleading for sympathy, but it's been 18 days now, as of Tuesday the 29th, and I still, have 7 days left to go in isolation. I've been sick a lot in my life, but all this time, and for those days remaining. my thoughts have been about one thing.

• It's been good that it has been too cold and miserable and I haven't had the opportunity to get out detecting.

• It has been very exhausting to try and have any sort of 'normal' life now for over two weeks.

• I've slept very little, I've tossed and turned, and I have worked very hard to try and regain and semblance of strength.

• And all the while, I have had each and every participant of AHRPS on my mind. I haven't had the pleasure of following your posts and discussions. Or know that you have been able to enjoy a wonderful Merry Christmas and prepare for a New Year. I've thought about each and everyone of you and hoped that you had the opportunity to enjoy this past couple of weeks with your family and friends, and, if able, that you could get out and get some good detecting time in.

And most importantly, that you have all been, and are, as healthy as possible and have been free of this really nasty virus.

I hope and pray that everyone, regardless of where you live, work, or play, will be able to avoid this really frustrating virus and that soon we will all be able to enjoy brighter days ahead. And if you have been one of the unfortunate folks to get bitten by this bug, I certainly hope it was a mild bite and you've managed to deal with this.

Now, after I get caught up on some rest, I'll join some of the other discussions I've misused out on, such as what new, or new-to-us, detectors we might be interested in this coming 2021.thinking

Oh, and I am getting a title help in feeling better thanks to a Diet Dr. Thunder or Diet Dr. Pepper Float to put a smile on my face.smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float Come join me ...... at a safe distance.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

A big 'Thank You' ... Quick Update ... And my sincere appreciation for all your kind thoughts.thumbs up

Monte 121 December 29, 2020 02:40AM

Re: A big 'Thank You' ... Quick Update ... And my sincere appreciation for all your kind thoughts.thumbs up

jmaryt 38 December 30, 2020 01:02AM

Re: A big 'Thank You' ... Quick Update ... And my sincere appreciation for all your kind thoughts.thumbs up

scottwyl 37 December 29, 2020 11:07PM

DW-BGW 38 December 29, 2020 09:37PM

Rdunzl 37 December 29, 2020 08:10PM

Timbertodd 34 December 29, 2020 04:23PM

Get well soon!

Remfire 34 December 29, 2020 04:10PM

NWCindy 40 December 29, 2020 02:20PM

Kickindirt 47 December 29, 2020 02:15PM

DirtDigger 36 December 29, 2020 01:14PM

you hang tough Monte!

dixiedigger57 36 December 29, 2020 11:21AM

diggindeep 43 December 29, 2020 10:11AM

Glad your back

OregonGregg 41 December 29, 2020 10:09AM

Glad you are recovering Monte! N/T

Coinboy 31 December 29, 2020 09:28AM

SvenS 47 December 29, 2020 08:30AM

D&P-OR 39 December 29, 2020 01:20PM

smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float thumbs up N/T

Monte 32 December 29, 2020 08:41AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020