Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goofs other than by the defunct Tesoro and White's might also include ----

January 03, 2021 04:25PM avatar
"Trying to fix something that ain't broken" and the end result is a new and more expensive model (I am referring to the DFX) that never came up to the performance level of the XLT (that wasn't broken but they tried to make something better).

Another 'goof' we often see is a manufacturer not really promoting a mid-to-upper-end model as well as they should. For example, if you have been in this great sport for a couple of decades or more, think back just 10-12 years. Do you remember very frequent mention or promotion of the Fisher F5? I don't, and didn't, yet it caught my interest but not promoted enough at the time for me to buy one. I regret NOT doing so now, and if they would have promoted it in a positive way, I think it would have been a much more frequently-used model than in the recent past.

No, it doesn't have Iron Audio Volume adjustment, nor anything like Recovery Speed Adjustment, Variable Tone Break, or a few other 'modern' functions. But look at what you're using now, and does it offer Automated GB as well as Manual GB adjustment? How about being able to adjust the GB for BOTH the All Metal and motion-based Discriminate modes? You can reject a Discriminate Notch segment, but can you adjust up into that Notch segment just a little and not reject all of it? How about Frequency Shift for EMI? Do you have a Threshold adjustment .... for both the All Metal and Discriminate modes? The Fisher F5 does all that, and has for about a decade. It's the only one out of all the models I bought for the evaluation I did that I really wanted and have decided to hang onto. A really useful Coin & Jewelry Hunting tool.

All the Forums have been pretty quiet this Holiday weekend and it gave me some time to think about what we have, what we might like to see, then consider what has been-and-gone and we almost feel 'left-out' because we didn't seize the opportunity at the time. I'm sure glad an agreement was made to promote the F5 more, and now metaldetector.com have another production order FTP had for a full F5 run. Fortunately, a lot of savvy or inquisitive folks now have a great opportunity to buy-and-use a proven performer that won't cripple a bank account. In this case it is a non-goof we get to enjoy.

Just some thoughts.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
325-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

A look back in time and we see some manufacturers made a few mistakes.confused smiley

Monte 225 January 02, 2021 03:48AM

Goofs other than by the defunct Tesoro and White's might also include ----

Monte 104 January 03, 2021 04:25PM

Fisher F5 Attachments

SvenS 164 January 03, 2021 07:15PM

SvenS, 'Thank You' for adding your current post and former comments.

Monte 86 January 03, 2021 10:07PM

Coils

SvenS 94 January 03, 2021 07:45PM

Here are a few of my mistakes.confused smiley

Hombre 119 January 02, 2021 04:14PM

Re: A look back in time and we see some manufacturers made a few mistakes.confused smiley

D&P-OR 125 January 02, 2021 11:45AM

Re: A look back in time and we see some manufacturers made a few mistakes.confused smiley

SvenS 129 January 02, 2021 09:07AM

And that's why those who learn it and know it can do well.

Monte 145 January 02, 2021 10:00AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Guests: 859 on February 28, 2021