Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

And I can't forget new search coils, either.

January 08, 2021 02:32PM avatar
With 9 units of 8 models, not one of them wears a 'standard' search coil.

Relic? The smaller 5" DD to best tackle the dense debris, building rubble and heavy brush.

XLT? Th 6½" Concentric to best deal with more modern trash, or work in the fringe of ghost towns,and such.

Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX? Each sport the 6" Concentric that works quite well in tot-lots, modern litter, and hitting renovation work.

Simplex +? I've found the 5X9½ DD open-frame coil to work well in modern trash and even handle a lot of ferrous debris well, also.

Vanquish 540? Technically, the standard coil is the 9X12, but the Pro Pack also comes with a 5X8 DD and that stays on my unit full-time.

Fisher F5? I had a round 7" Concentric on-hand which is what I had planned to use with this unit, and it works quite well for Coin Hunting tasks.

Garrett Apex? The standard 'Viper' coils are in my Accessory Coil Tote. I've mounted the 5X8 'Ripper' on my main-use unit and 8½X11 'Raider' on my 2nd Apex for more open areas. If / when I get a 3rd Apex, i have the NEL 5" 'Sharp' coil ready-to-go. The only thing that would change my mind is if Garrett brought out their 4½" Concentric coil. That would make me pleased and it would likely be the one that would stay mounted ... as long as it worked well.

Being stuck in the house while I slowly get some strength and mobility back has allowed more 'tinkering-time' and it helps support my confidence about my search coil choices. I am in a hurry-up mood for spring to get here!

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted, for the tasks I'll take on.
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive & ProPointer AT .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80 .. N/M Green edition
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

I ended 2020 with some detector changes. How about you?

Monte 64 January 08, 2021 01:09PM

One minor tweak . . . . a new loaner.

UtahRich 57 January 09, 2021 12:58AM

Rich, your main line-up and your 'loaner unit.'

Monte 42 January 09, 2021 08:57AM

Re: One minor tweak . . . . a new loaner.

jmaryt 45 January 09, 2021 01:03AM

And I can't forget new search coils, either.

Monte 37 January 08, 2021 02:32PM

Re: I ended 2020 with some detector changes. How about you?

diggindeep 42 January 08, 2021 02:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 60
Record Number of Guests: 632 on November 18, 2020