Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

old RadioShack/Bounty Hunter units

January 13, 2021 04:12PM
been a lot of talk by us on another forum about the Bounty Hunter Big Buds and similar RadioShacks made by Bounty Hunter. a new poster from the Ukraine has been wowing us with finds we wont find here, but he has a tech friend and they do mods and build custom coils too. they like the Big Bud Pros/ radioshack equivalents , and do some remarkable and noteworthy clean mods on Teknetics 7500s.

i am interested in finding a Radio Shack Discovery 3 model 63-3008, or secondly a RadioShack Discovery 2.model 63-3004, working or not. strickly for mods and have access to the mods steps. .

i know--- many consider junk. but give me something hopefully affordable to experiment with.

if any of you guys run across one or have one in the junker pile let me know.

the other talk is going back even older school to basic TR units.for the hunted out parks, to find deep targets, was reccommended to find a Judge 2 red button handled reset switch model by Compass or older higher end TR. . Reverse discrimination techniques used by Alan Cannon was also posted on that site from a Treasure magazine. Monte i bet you knew him from Compass. he is still around. read some articles on this. was facinating. several other well seasoned guys of many years going back to the throw backs. i fnd it interesting. more than reruns of gunsmoke....

bored to tears.. no hunting much due to weather covid crap winter time change and work. so looking for affordable project... for better times.

May the last hole i dig be my own, and will a fellow detectorist cover me up. And you can have the pulltab!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2021 04:15PM by dixiedigger57.
Subject Author Views Posted

old RadioShack/Bounty Hunter units

dixiedigger57 139 January 13, 2021 04:12PM

Just some thoughts on old Radio Shack / Bounty Hunter models.

Monte 117 January 13, 2021 07:06PM

Re: Just some thoughts on old Radio Shack / Bounty Hunter models.

jmaryt 97 January 13, 2021 11:59PM

Jack Gifford at Tesoro also used that design.

Monte 103 January 14, 2021 01:17AM

Re: Jack Gifford at Tesoro also used that design.

jmaryt 98 January 14, 2021 08:11AM

Re: Jack Gifford at Tesoro also used that design.

dixiedigger57 99 January 14, 2021 09:00AM

'Blanking' circuitry concept and old-model 'tinkering.'

Monte 95 January 14, 2021 11:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 44
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 859 on February 28, 2021