Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Jack Gifford at Tesoro also used that design.

January 14, 2021 09:00AM
i was curious. i hear stuff all over the subject, mostly i dont understand quite all of it. a newcomer to Compass forum from the Ukraine has some mods he likes. he does well and does a lot of testing. Over on the other side of the world they do a lot of mods on older units and i guess availability and what they are looking for metal component wise, soil conditions etcc play a factor. i admire them taking mediocre and making it better. improvise, improve, make it work for them.

Yes the Royal Sabre of Tesoro had a blanker, i tried one a few times but was still a newbie to detecting and had not quite yet got the hang of even a proper GB etc right. i know several who swear by the blanker but they hunted in a different time and place without our modern aluminum trash.

if i run across a yardsale cheap Big bud or equivalent , discovery 2 or 3, for giggles i might do it. i wanted to modify a Teknetics 7500 lkike the guys do, but battery and weight, ergonomics, na they are not for me. the BB or discovery i could swing.

thanks. keep me in mind if you run across one anyway. afraid i might have stretched my hernia repair and if i get laid up again would be a good project.

Monte if you were to do a tinker, or use an older unit with some depth, what oldie goldie would you pick?

May the last hole i dig be my own, and will a fellow detectorist cover me up. And you can have the pulltab!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2021 09:04AM by dixiedigger57.
Subject Author Views Posted

old RadioShack/Bounty Hunter units

dixiedigger57 87 January 13, 2021 04:12PM

Just some thoughts on old Radio Shack / Bounty Hunter models.

Monte 81 January 13, 2021 07:06PM

Re: Just some thoughts on old Radio Shack / Bounty Hunter models.

jmaryt 62 January 13, 2021 11:59PM

Jack Gifford at Tesoro also used that design.

Monte 70 January 14, 2021 01:17AM

jmaryt 61 January 14, 2021 08:11AM

dixiedigger57 63 January 14, 2021 09:00AM

'Blanking' circuitry concept and old-model 'tinkering.'

Monte 58 January 14, 2021 11:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 53
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 859 on February 28, 2021