Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One additional thought - shopping during high tide.

February 01, 2021 11:15PM avatar
One additional thought that you touched on in your post about old analog detectors -

I've often seen a correlation between some well written forum posts about such and such old detector, what a great job they do, and so on that actually generates interest from those who have a read. In turn, the stirred up readers will run out to the classifieds and auction sites and have a look at what's available. . . . and buy what they can find.

Gregg and I have talked several times about certain individuals that hail the glory of some long gone detector and wouldn't you know it, all available versions on the USED market get snapped up. Then a week or two later, it is another detector that was amazing and again, another rush to buy. And a week or two later again, readers will run out and snap up available used models as well.

Interest can hold during these high tide periods and if you're looking for a clean example of one of these detectors when somebody makes a compelling post, you often have to pay the price of the increased interest, or simply wait for the tide to go back out and interest to turn elsewhere.

If you can buy when interest is low, you typically spend less than you do when the tide and interest are way high.

rich

----------------------------------------------------

Just One More Good Target Before I Go . . . .

800  /  Deus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2021 11:24PM by UtahRich.
Subject Author Views Posted

Update and question

Senior Deacon 63 February 01, 2021 08:57PM

Rise and fall of prices on the used detector market.

UtahRich 48 February 01, 2021 10:08PM

One additional thought - shopping during high tide.

UtahRich 44 February 01, 2021 11:15PM

Re: One additional thought - shopping during high tide.

D&P-OR 43 February 01, 2021 11:35PM

You bought into those machines at the right timeWhite's Electronics

Hombre 58 February 01, 2021 09:36PM

Re: You bought into those machines at the right timeWhite's Electronics

jmaryt 52 February 01, 2021 11:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 45
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 859 on February 28, 2021