Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

However, there are still problems.

May 24, 2021 04:14AM avatar
In Oregon, for example, most often listed as a 'ghost town' are places like Kent and Shaniko, Granite and Sumpter, and quite a few other locations that still are alive, to some degree, with residents and even operating businesses. Then there are many that are major protected places on the National Historic Register, etc., where access is restricted and detecting is completely off-limits. Here in Teas it gets worse.

There are some of those 'ghost towns' that really are not ghosted as there are a few, or a few too-many, inhabitants. Then it seems there was a major push to get a bulk of them listed as an Historic Site, for various reasons, and the majority, probably are not accessible anyway. Texas is a big state, but it is also 95.2% Private Property' so even if a site isn't lived in or isn't listed, you still need to get 'permission' for access to hunt.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Monte----You might not have it as bad as you think you do (for ghost town hunting)smiling smiley

D&P-OR 173 May 23, 2021 01:53PM

However, there are still problems.

Monte 150 May 24, 2021 04:14AM

Re: However, there are still problems.

D&P-OR 120 May 24, 2021 11:33AM

"They can't do anymore than say "no" for you asking!" --True, however ...

Monte 119 May 24, 2021 04:15PM

Re: Monte----You might not have it as bad as you think you do (for ghost town hunting)smiling smiley

NWCindy 125 May 23, 2021 02:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021