Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"They can't do anymore than say "no" for you asking!" --True, however ...

May 24, 2021 04:15PM avatar
a lot of the private property is unoccupied with some used for game hunting leases. Some is owned by folks who live far away out outside of Texas. Still, I have been doing what research I can and have discovered two things:

1.. In the early days of this enjoyable hobby, from about 1964 through the 1970's and maybe early '80s, a lot of hobbyists got involved in the hobby and got he OK and worked many of the old sites. Also, many property owners, based on their age at th time. also bought a metal detector to have fun and discovered things could be really fun so they started limiting access. Those were a lot of folks who, at the time, were as old or older than you and I and off-shoots either didn't want anyone on their property to find anything; were starting to lease access just s they do game hunting to a limited few; and worse yet, it was that era of the '80s and '90s when it became 'fashionable' to get some of those old places listed on an Historic List and that put most of them off-limits.

2.. As always, I sure do miss all those earlier days of this great sport.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact
Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Monte----You might not have it as bad as you think you do (for ghost town hunting)smiling smiley

D&P-OR 177 May 23, 2021 01:53PM

However, there are still problems.

Monte 151 May 24, 2021 04:14AM

Re: However, there are still problems.

D&P-OR 122 May 24, 2021 11:33AM

"They can't do anymore than say "no" for you asking!" --True, however ...

Monte 119 May 24, 2021 04:15PM

Re: Monte----You might not have it as bad as you think you do (for ghost town hunting)smiling smiley

NWCindy 128 May 23, 2021 02:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021