Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We are wrapping up a 3 day holiday weekend in the USA -----

July 05, 2021 10:29AM avatar
I'm curious how many have had a chance to get out detecting, what types of sites they hunted and what amount of success they had?

I know many locations, out west especially, have had and are continuing to have some record-setting high heat. How about the rest of the country?

And, as we continue on Into Summer time, I'm also curious how many have acquired a new detector, or borrowed one to check out, and what their thoughts might be about having or using something different than they are used to? Have you noticed any performance differences or advantages with your current unit versus a new or different unit? Are you working with different sized search coils to try and get the best performance for the different sites you hunt?

As a reminder, we need to get out just as often as we can, even if it's only for 20 or 30 minutes, to better learn and understand our detector and equipment. I just met up with the fellow this morning who has a detector but has not found anything significant yet, and one reason is that he does not get out very often. Actually he gets out very little, and when asked, he did not know the brand or model detector he has, and he has not read the owners manual at all. Hasn't even opened it up.confused smiley

He's on the list for me to invite over when I finish the flooring and remodeling of my house where I will hold seminars. Only about three of the people I have met so far who will be invited have actually used their detectors enough to know the brand and model, the basic controls, and claimed to have read the owner manual.

I hope readers of this forum are well aware of the importance in reading, learning, and knowing their detectors well in order to achieve some of the best success of field.

Maybe your shut-in due to the weather, or maybe not, but if you would take a few minutes, pop on this post and share your thoughts about the equipment you're using oh, the settings you prefer, the types of sites that are working best for you this summer to produce good results.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact
Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

We are wrapping up a 3 day holiday weekend in the USA -----

Monte 198 July 05, 2021 10:29AM

Re: detecting drought

Kickindirt 84 July 08, 2021 11:17AM

wrapping up a holiday weekend

UtahRich 88 July 08, 2021 10:35AM

Re: We are wrapping up a 3 day holiday weekend in the USA -----

Timbertodd 88 July 05, 2021 05:08PM

Getting out is a good thing, as are cooler temps.

Monte 91 July 06, 2021 12:07AM

Re: We are wrapping up a 3 day holiday weekend in the USA -----

jmaryt 102 July 05, 2021 12:19PM

j.t., glad you're enjoying your V-540.

Monte 103 July 05, 2021 02:05PM

Re: j.t., glad you're enjoying your V-540.

jmaryt 98 July 05, 2021 08:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021