Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pinpointer? -- Yes, three of them. -- Which, and why do I like them?

July 09, 2021 03:42AM avatar
I have owned, used, and parted with a lot of Pinpointers through the years, usually because they didn't fit well in my hand (comfort), and/or were complex in their adjustment functions (frustrating), or a main reason was that with my impaired hearing I just couldn't hear their audio report well (useless) .... even with my headphones removed. There are, however, three different Pinpointers that I do like and use and they are the:

► Garrett Pro-Pointer w/Z-Lynk ability.
► Nokta / Makro Pulse-Dive Pointer.
► XP's Mi6 Pinpointer

You might wonder why these three, but if you're a savvy detector & gear person you have it figured out already. I have 3 of the Garrett AT Pro-Pointers because they are each assigned to, and paired with, my three Apex devices that each also have their own MS-3 wireless Z-Lynk Headphones. That lets me hear the assigned Pinpointer in my headphones with is very handy and they work great.

I use my Nokta / Makro Pulse-Dive Pinpointer when using their Simplex + w/wireless headphones because, yes, you guessed it, I hear the Pinpointer in my headphones. And when using the XP ORX I have their Mi-6 Pinpointer for the same reason, I hear the Pinpointer in their back-phones. For me, the ability to hear the Pinpointers I use with the assigned wireless headphones is very appealing because I can hear the audio a lot better than with just their built-in speaker and harder-to-hear audio pitch. I don't waste time removing a corded headphone's ear-cup to try and listen to the Pinpointer.

Of those three I like the Mi-6 Pinpointer the least in regular performance, so if I am using my Nokta FORS Relic or Tesoro Bandido II µMAX or Silver Sabre µMAX with corded-Headphones, such as my Killer B 'Wasp' or 'Hornet' units, I generally grab my N/M Pulse-Dive Pointer because it is rugged, handy, simple to operate and adjust, and works quite well for me and my hearing. Another option is to use my Garrett wireless Z-Lynk Tx / Rx devices with the Relic and use the Garrett MS-3 wireless Headphones and an AT Pro-Pointer which I can then hear in the Headphones as well.

Headphones and Pinpointers are assigned to, and kept in, a handy ammo-box tote along with any charging cords or spare batteries as needed for the particular Detector / Headphones / Pinpointer 'team'. Naturally, each of the plastic-handled totes are labeled so I don't grab the wrong gear when loading up to go on a detecting jaunt.

How about you? Do you have a favorite Pinpointer?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact
Inca .. Bandido II µMAX .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Pinpointer? -- Yes, three of them. -- Which, and why do I like them?

Monte 198 July 09, 2021 03:42AM

Re: Pinpointer? -- Yes, three of them. -- Which, and why do I like them?

desertsmith 136 July 16, 2021 09:44AM

Glad you found a PP that satisfies you.

Monte 92 July 16, 2021 12:19PM

Timbertodd 108 July 09, 2021 04:51PM

I am also "partial to the Garrett Pro-pointer' performance,

Monte 151 July 10, 2021 12:21AM

Re: Pinpointer? MI6 easy choice

Kickindirt 148 July 09, 2021 12:20PM

It looks like I'll need to tinker some more ...

Monte 118 July 10, 2021 03:07AM

Re: It looks like I'll need to tinker some more ...

Kickindirt 95 July 10, 2021 12:09PM

Monte 83 July 17, 2021 08:29AM

Kickindirt 92 July 17, 2021 04:09PM

Re: Pinpointer? MI6 easy choice

D&P-OR 154 July 09, 2021 01:32PM

jmaryt 123 July 09, 2021 07:25AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021