Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Taking a break and pondering how much good stuff is left.thinking

July 23, 2021 09:20AM avatar
Busy with things here at my place and taking a break to swap detectors while working my yard. Nothing old, yet, today but still encountering a lot of trash as well as keepers. I stopped to think back of all the old ghost town sites that so many folks have given up on. A lot of folks just don't, or can't, comprehend how many desirable targets remain in well-hunted old places that need to be recovered. Not from a proper Visual ID or a rock-solid audio response, but from the partially-masked and corrupted audio and visual response we get due to the amount of closely-associated ferrous and non-ferrous debris. All too often the simply walk-away from an otherwise very good target.

The old town sites we're hunted often, every year on a WTHO or two in NE Nevada, and I've hunted them going back 38+ years and with friends, family and even club outings .... but they still give up keepers to those who put in the effort. As I paused during several recoveries I could imagine what's left out in the hunting world, and as stated, we just have to put in the time and be thorough in our efforts.

I have a lot of area to hunt here with my own yard, and while I keep pulling out a lot of modern clad coinage, I just know there has to be some older coins out there and, it time, I'll find them. I hope some readers are taking the opportunity, if even for twenty or thirty minutes, to get out and work their own yard and while finding stuff, ponder how much has been ignored or walked past.

Well, there's a good morning breeze, a few clouds rolled in, so I'm going to head out and see if I can't thin out more of the modern change and find some of the older coins that ought to be out there.

The search goes on -----

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact
Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Be patient, and use a slow-and-methodical sweep technique ... OR ... do you

Monte 209 July 20, 2021 10:52AM

Taking a break and pondering how much good stuff is left.thinking

Monte 102 July 23, 2021 09:20AM

Re: Patient, and use a slow-and-methodical sweep technique ... OR ... do you

Timbertodd 122 July 21, 2021 08:10PM

1 approach and now another

OregonGregg 113 July 21, 2021 05:08PM

Re: 1 approach and now another

D&P-OR 118 July 21, 2021 06:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021