Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Dealing with very wet, soaked, dirt / sand / etc..

September 17, 2021 09:41AM
Thanks Monte. i did try another place not as sloggy but hunted hard. you dig a hole and it starts gathering water quickly. we got 5 inches rain overnight from the storm remnants. half mile away 2 inches or 7 inches, real spotty., the west needs this we dont. we are in surplus but all at once rains. so have had drought periods too and extremely hot for even us.

i did notice if the coil scrubs it will false, and seems more so on the wet, and tough grasses here, Bahai grass in particular, if not cut short and allowed to grow and get tassels make it hard to swing and causes falsing. its abundant and its the highway median and shoulder grass variety out of control. choke a goat!

i will try and keep the coil further up. one ole timer on another forum using the old Tr machines, "Scrub" the dirt, listen for faint signals, and i think for the old stuff maybe right, but for the more modern day VLf machines, totally not the right way.

the Simplex went in mail this morning. did swap back. . My XP350 coming back home! Paul used own it. its hot. Cali buddy tried it. he prefers his Tesoros only due to style and location.. he tot lots exclusively so dont need the depth, .

i look forward to the XP350 again. Daddy Earl i call it! it is a deep machine and slower sweep that i need to practice. on. i have a tiny special place to try it loaded with burnt cut square nails that i have used various machines, simple and feature laiden for a few old seated's and such. see if anything left.

May the last hole i dig be my own, and will a fellow detectorist cover me up. And you can have the pulltab!
Subject Author Views Posted

water logged dirt

dixiedigger57 73 September 16, 2021 01:38PM

Dealing with very wet, soaked, dirt / sand / etc..

Monte 57 September 16, 2021 06:28PM

Re: Dealing with very wet, soaked, dirt / sand / etc..

dixiedigger57 34 September 17, 2021 09:41AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021