Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

westside bengal, nice story and intro, and you're using one f my favorite brands.

October 20, 2021 04:19PM avatar
westside bengal
My wife actually was the first to detect. Her work location is in the country between a river and a county road. For lunch every day she would walk the country road for exercise. About 5-6 years ago she got the idea that the strip of land between the road had some old houses, a long gone school bus that was a bait shop and few other areas that had been occupied. She decided she want to detect the land strip instead of just walking the road.

She asked for detector for her birthday. We visited a local dealer and after playing with various models she chose the Tesoro Silver micro Max. She still uses that detector today. She dug a lot of junk but she didn't care. She was getting more exercise than just walking so she has happy.
l

I have three friends who enjoy this great hobby where it was the gal who got them started by acquiring a detector first. Two of them got started with a new original Tesoro Silver Sabre, and the other went top-end and started with a White's XLT. As their interests and site challenges changed, for the worse in one case, they added to their detector outfit and/or changed to smaller-size search coils.

westside bengal
A couple of months later I bought the same detector. We started out hunting parks, some areas in town and fields. I enjoyed detecting and when I retired in 2019 I sold my Silver micro Max and bought a pristine Tesoro Black Vaquero in my hometown and later added the small concentric coil which I use most of the time.l

Welcome to retirement, and the same to your wife soon, and that ought to allow you both more time to get out and enjoy more detecting.thumbs up And the Vaquero, also with a smaller 6" Concentric coil, will provide you some 'edge' in certain environments.

westside bengal
Those two detectors are what we use today. Over the years we have found lots of clad, a few old coins, a few pieces of jewelry and probably barrels full of pull tabs and old nails. In all honesty, I wish I had kept all the trash. I wonder what a drum full of pull tabs would be worth at the scrap yard...l

Nothing wrong with using a good Tesoro and proper search coil. I have two models that were introduced in October of '97 that stay in my personal outfit, and along with my 'modern' detectors I use them often. I'm also satisfying my memorable days by acquiring a Tesoro Inca, that came out in July of '83 and got me hooked o the Tesoro brand.

westside bengal
The important part is that I got to spend time with my best friend and she will always be my best find.

westside benga
l

I was married twice, and only my 2nd wife had a slight interest in detecting which she did very sparingly the first year. You're quite fortunate, and I envy the guys I know who are married to the gals who got them started. I'm too old now and health is too crapy for me to have any chance of finding a gal interested in both marriage and detecting.sad smiley

Glad you're all registered and a part of one of the best metal detecting Forums out there. We're pleased to have you.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Impact .. Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. MX-5
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Once again AHRPS has a 'Welcome' sign out for 'westside bengal'.

Monte 94 October 20, 2021 10:33AM

Welcome aboard smiling smiley N/T

OregonGregg 25 October 23, 2021 07:07AM

Welcome! N/T

kac 36 October 20, 2021 08:04PM

Re: Once again AHRPS has a 'Welcome' sign out for 'westside bengal'.

westside bengal 64 October 20, 2021 01:53PM

NWCindy 21 November 17, 2021 08:21PM

Druid 35 October 20, 2021 08:16PM

welcome, welcome to a great group! N/T

Kickindirt 46 October 20, 2021 05:06PM

westside bengal, nice story and intro, and you're using one f my favorite brands.

Monte 50 October 20, 2021 04:19PM

Welcome aboard. You and your wife detecting is awesome. thumbs upthumbs up N/T

Timbertodd 40 October 20, 2021 03:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021