Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is XP Deus II the perfect balance?

November 22, 2021 12:44PM avatar
Of those in the field of SMF, the Deus 2 is my most anticipated.

To me, Garrett joined the SMF ranks with their Apex which is a quality detector capable of Salt water beach hunting with a detector sporting great ergonomics. It doesn’t match the multi-iq of Minelab, but they have a viable option at an entry level price.

Nokta has just introduced their Legend which appears intended to give you an equinox built by Nokta / Nokta engineering at a very reasonable price point $300 below what Minelab is asking for their detector.

Fisher has discontinued their CZ platform and apparently removed themselves for the SMF field altogether with no replacement in view. Go figure.

XP has tipped their hand to a new Deus, the Deus 2, which has their Fast multi frequency FMF technology (take that multi-IQ) in a very light package capable of much greater depths in water environs. Comes at a price though. You can buy 3 Apex’s or one Deus 2. I have an Equinox and a Deus, a great one two punch for most any site. I’m really curious about this new D2 and how it will perform in the field.

Also curious how Nokta is going to fare with their first attempt at SMF.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2021 12:45PM by UtahRich.
Subject Author Views Posted

XP Deus II the perfect balance

Kickindirt 64 November 19, 2021 02:20PM

Is XP Deus II the perfect balance?

UtahRich 24 November 22, 2021 12:44PM

Re: XP Deus II the perfect balance

D&P-OR 37 November 19, 2021 03:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021