Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Get Well! Diabetes is no joke as you well know

December 07, 2021 12:04PM
Hope you get things under control. i almost messed up on my sugars but proper diet keeps me off the meds. PROPER.. and its that time of the year. its hard. very hard.

Monte are you staying in Texas? my youngest Daughter lives in Garland, home of Garrett. been trying to get out but between me and wife 5 surgeries since 2017. she is recovering now from arm surgery and the other arm is cane arm so i took leave and just started back to work today with intermittant days to take her to therapy. like having a newborn. no hunting since October and my day job with the time change STINKS!. i did go to the private lake and eake out a rosie with the ATPRO and the big coil Sunday before starting back yesterday. . hundreds of times walked over it. my settings were relic settings that Kieth Sourtherland gave Guru a long time ago. Pro Zero, iron audio on, iron at 28. no disc, just wide open. think coin was on edge. most folks hate the big factory coil, its not a great balance, but i do well with it. it has a sweet spot. i generally use the 5x8.

my old friend came home, The Compass xp350. the speaker came unglued so that has to be addressed. the gasket needs replacing on face plate so looking for one, i guess maybe Kieth wills has one. have not heard hide no hair of him in a long time. the xp350 was in california with a friend whoi tried it but then covid hit so its back basically never used it. AND I HAVE TO READ THE MANUAL AGAIN LOLOLOL. that is sage advice you gave in your post. i also have to check to see where the mineral slide switch is at. Melbeta graciously posted that for me from John Earles design. left American, right European soils. he explained the difference but a little over my head. and you know my posting, i will try both anyway. my Georgia fall line soil change i live on is night and day difference. The fall line is where the ancient oceans met land and thats why we have the huge kaolin chalk mines and sand in the southeast and red soil and granite above it. two extremes.

continue to get better. and i do wish you would design you own detector... and submit it to Garrett. Guru said if he could get a simple flip on and go with the preset settings he uses no meter etc... one switch go to that would be all he would want for whre he lives and hunts. and the way he hunts. lol. some folks just dont like change.

get better!

May the last hole i dig be my own, and will a fellow detectorist cover me up. And you can have the pulltab!
Subject Author Views Posted

A new start, a new year coming, and some new detectors on the market.

Monte 230 December 04, 2021 02:10PM

Re: A new start, a new year coming, and some new detectors on the market.

NWCindy 56 December 27, 2021 06:01PM

Working on mending .... skin contact reader considered ... pass on the pump. N/T

Monte 46 December 28, 2021 01:32AM

Want, wish, and need your speedy recovery!

Utmike 72 December 08, 2021 09:02PM

Release, Recovery and Minelab.

Monte 83 December 09, 2021 03:58AM

Re: Want, wish, and need your speedy recovery!

jmaryt 60 December 09, 2021 01:09AM

Get Well! Diabetes is no joke as you well know

dixiedigger57 60 December 07, 2021 12:04PM

Re: Holy Wow Monte!!

Kickindirt 88 December 06, 2021 08:01PM

Re: A new start, a new year coming, and some new detectors on the market.

SvenS 105 December 05, 2021 09:27AM

Thank You, Sven. Now to get The Legend to help spark my recovery. smiling smiley N/T

Monte 81 December 05, 2021 10:27AM

Re: Thank You, Sven. Now to get The Legend to help spark my recovery. smiling smiley

Tinhorn 96 December 05, 2021 01:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021