Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Old buddy back home, the Compass XP350

December 15, 2021 06:11AM avatar
dixiedigger57
Monte you know these machines. this was a hot one i got from Paul in California. It was with a very trusted friend and the pandemic hit so never really used it. Keith Wills in Texas has replacement face plate seal and said to use wood glue on the loose speaker. common to come loose i am sure. just wood glue. wood glue wont eat the plastics and removable if speaker goes. Melbeta on the other forum posted the internal mineral slide switch info from the desk of designer John Earle. its unique switch for the European guys hunting or American. little over my head but it works well in american like it should. it will take you to put it in English for my dummy self, like street terms. lolol!

i really like this machine. i have some crusty iron spots to dig. i did well before. and now i will be free to hunt some with the wife mending well. just timechange killing me.

just keep getting better Monte!

The Compass Scanner series. As their Marketing Rep at the time I helped get a lot of them introduced across the country. By that I mean I showed the new series to a lot of dealers coast-to-coast. Those who were interested mainly liked the two top-end models, with preset GB and the Gold Scanner with manual GB, because they had the Target ID meter.

However, more dealers had other brands that were selling well, And most knew that compass business had been very limited but then for them and with the new owners it didn't look like Compass was going to be around for very long.. And they weren't.

The coin scanner series was added, comma and then Compass hired George Payne to do some work Which re engineered those models to use different batteries and they were based somewhat on the Big But Pro concept except he had designed for Teknetics / Bounty Huntetha
A lot of the European soil is less mineralized than a lot of the tougher places here in the USA so that European slide switch essentially shifted to a lower preset ground balance. The American side was for higher mineralization.

The 'vari-filter', aka 3-Filter, circuitry John Earle used could perform quite well in iron-plagued ghost towns I hunted regularly in several western USA states. That is, they performed well if properly calibrated at the factory, if a smaller coil was used, and if they didn't have glitches such as failed components or shifting out of alignment.

I used them when doing a presentation for a dealer or at a detecting club outing ... however ... Ron Mack new I still favored my Tesoro's and I was still a Tesoro Dealer so, when not representing Compass it was a Tesoro I usually had in-hand and was enjoying terrific success.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now located in Clyde, Texas
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my favorite makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
Apex .. FORS CoRe .. FORS Relic .. Simplex + .. Inca .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. ORX
Pinpointers: Pulse-Dive Pointer and AT Pro-Pointer and Mi6 Pointer .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Old buddy back home, the Compass XP350 Attachments

dixiedigger57 146 December 09, 2021 05:00PM

Re: Old buddy back home, the Compass XP350

Monte 72 December 15, 2021 06:11AM

Since nobody replies on these Forums, I thought I might give it a shot.

Hombre 114 December 14, 2021 02:35PM

Sadly, that Forum is like a ghost town.

Monte 88 December 15, 2021 06:23AM

thanks Monte

dixiedigger57 65 December 15, 2021 03:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021