Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Importance of threshold

December 26, 2021 08:18AM
Good morning folks..my XP350 made it home. Reglued the speaker.. A Compass shortcut they could have done better. Now the threshold is screaming with a good set of headphones. A friendly tech showed me that my board has a trimmer pot on the board. A later revision model J board. Not the most prolific H revision. You can do silent search. I have some tinnitus and the hum causes me issues afterward. The screamer now is awful but now that will be taken care of and i can use my quality headphones instead of cheapos.

My question.. this machine is not all manual like my Eldorado. It has its presets. What loss of targets can i expect on silent search vs very very slight hum. Again the tradeoff is damaged hearing already and the aftereffects of tinnitus. I never ran hum on Tesoros, even my sabre. Drive me nuts quicker than iron grunt features on a machine. Got to hunt enjoyable. I admit i watch a meter on the AT pro and did on MXT. So this model does not have a meter. Do i need at least a tolerable faint hum to my hearing? Will i miss a lot of targets when i cant half hear anyway?

May the last hole i dig be my own, and will a fellow detectorist cover me up. And you can have the pulltab!
Subject Author Views Posted

Importance of threshold

dixiedigger57 87 December 26, 2021 08:18AM

An audio Threshold setting can be very important.

Monte 54 December 27, 2021 04:42AM

Re: An audio Threshold setting can be very important.

dixiedigger57 42 December 27, 2021 09:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Guests: 1023 on May 05, 2021