Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You might like the new Minelab Manticore coil-rod mount

September 01, 2022 09:22AM
It appears there are a couple new features, at least compared to their Equinox model:

1) The lower rod section has a yoke that mates with the coil housing center bearing/pivot -- reversed compared to most coil-shaft attachments. (I vaguely remember seeing this method on another detector.)

2) One ear of the yoke has a through hole and the other is threaded so no nut is required. The way it's shown assembled is with the screw head opposite the side that the cable enters the coil housing. It may be possible to rotate the shaft 180 degrees so the screw could enter from the cable side, although I really don't understand why someone would want to do that.

I lost a nut from my Fisher F75 when it came loose and I didn't notice until after it had fallen off. At least that won't be a fault of this Manticore mounting system. The ears on the coil housing of the Equinox 11" coil failed for some users. I think that is why they've gone with this new method. If you happen to break off a yoke ear (probably herkier, too, so less likely), at worst you just replace the lower shaft section.
Subject Author Views Posted

Ever think about your own 'quirks', likes and dislikes?

Monte 118 September 01, 2022 07:00AM

Re: Ever think about your own 'quirks', likes and dislikes?

kac 48 September 01, 2022 10:39AM

You might like the new Minelab Manticore coil-rod mount

GB_Amateur 53 September 01, 2022 09:22AM

Re: Ever think about your own 'quirks', likes and dislikes?

Harold,ILL. 63 September 01, 2022 09:16AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25