Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rick, my delayed reply regarding coils.

October 14, 2022 11:46AM avatar
Rick N. MI
The Equinox with the 6" coil. It can be set hot on small gold. Makes the detector very light.

As most know, I enjoy using smaller-size coils and the round 6" For the Equinox is no exception. I like that coil on that model the best because it does get very good depth-of-detection and can be worked in the cluttery areas or in and around dense brush. However, I have and use 5 of my of my 8 current detectors that keep a 6" or smaller coil mounted so the Equinox 800 w/6" was just not a good 'fit' for me and my hunting opportunities these days.

Rick N. MI
How does the F75 do with the small concentric coil? I have heard it works great on micro jewelry. Even on tiny white gold earrings.

So far it has been working well. Health issues this year have cut in on my detecting so I need to get more field-time with it, but I mainly chose it for the F-75+ mainly for urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting. I need more hunt-time with it but it has hit well on both coins and smaller-size jewelry anjd nis great around heavy trash such as around picnic bowery's and the like.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Inca .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Detectors are a different topic ... So lets look at search coils.

Monte 229 October 10, 2022 03:55AM

Search Coils and why I selected my detector outfit.

Monte 75 October 21, 2022 05:25AM

Re: Detectors are a different topic ... So lets look at search coils.

desertsmith 102 October 10, 2022 08:00PM

Back to you about coil choices.

Monte 82 October 14, 2022 12:36PM

Re: Detectors are a different topic ... So lets look at search coils.

Rick N. MI 129 October 10, 2022 11:02AM

Rick, my delayed reply regarding coils.

Monte 77 October 14, 2022 11:46AM

Re: Rick, my delayed reply regarding coils.

GeoW 83 October 16, 2022 11:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30