Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Search Coils and why I selected my detector outfit.

October 21, 2022 05:25AM avatar
It is partly due to what the individual detector model provides me for where I will hunt and the functions it offers. That includes two Tesoro models' that use ONLY the round 6" Concentric coil. A Fisher F-75+ that wears the 3½X6½ Concentric, but for other nee3dsw in lower-trash areas I have a solid MGC 5X8 DD on a rod ready to swap to. My F-19 Ltd. keeps the stock 5X9¾ DD solid coil mounted full-time because for what that model provides me, that is the only coil I need. I have a Makro Racer and a Racer 2, so the small 'OOR' coil stays on the Racer full-time, and the open-frame 5X9½ DD stays on the Racer 2. Then there is the Minelab Vanquish 540 that keeps the open-frame 5X8 DD mounted full-time, with the other two coils at-the-reedy should I want to use them.

For ME, I like a combination of a detector and coil that each provide me what I am looking for. I could put a smaller coil or mid-size coil on any detector, and while the coil might be a proper size or type for what I want, if the detector doesn't make me happy with performance, then the coil is useless.

It works the other way as well. I might like a few detectors that are out there or that I have owned, and while they are okay and I like them for some uses, if they do not have a proper-size coil by the manufacturer for what I want and where I plan to hunt, then the good detector just isn't a 'fit' for me without a desired coil.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Inca .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. Bandido II µMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Detectors are a different topic ... So lets look at search coils.

Monte 225 October 10, 2022 03:55AM

Search Coils and why I selected my detector outfit.

Monte 72 October 21, 2022 05:25AM

Re: Detectors are a different topic ... So lets look at search coils.

desertsmith 100 October 10, 2022 08:00PM

Back to you about coil choices.

Monte 79 October 14, 2022 12:36PM

Re: Detectors are a different topic ... So lets look at search coils.

Rick N. MI 126 October 10, 2022 11:02AM

Rick, my delayed reply regarding coils.

Monte 74 October 14, 2022 11:46AM

Re: Rick, my delayed reply regarding coils.

GeoW 80 October 16, 2022 11:38AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30