Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Joel asked about my reply regarding my Detector Outfit.

November 09, 2022 04:44PM avatar
From the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum, Joel had this reply to my post:

Kickindirt
Red racer taking the place of the core?? Hello Gregg!! Are you seeing this?? I know the red Racer is a good ghost town machine. Interesting Monte.

Yes, the 'original' Racer, one of my 'red' detectors, took the place of my FORS CoRe. i know Gregg has seen these things happen and my new-in-the-box Racer I got in a trade from Gregg who had a hide-out supply of them. I then snagged a brand new 'OOR' coil from Gerry's Detectors and it stays mounted full-time on the Racer. So, you might wonder WHY I wanted the Racer. confused smiley

Because from the time I got a prototype in February of 2015 and mounted that very good coil, I used it a lot along with my month-old FORS CoRe and I found a lot of good stuff with it. Ghost Towns and elsewhere.

It is 'simple' and quick to get into action. It doesn't work quite the same as the FORS CoRe, but it is very close. It doesn't have the memory to save settings, but it is very quick into action in my two favorite modes and Disc. settings for those types of sites.

My unit is one of the last Racer productions that has the comfortable 'S' rod like the Racer 2 and not the too-abrupt rod like the original. That makes it much more comfortable.

Don't get me wrong on this because I also like the Racer 2 for several very good reasons and its better additional functions. But due to my health I can't hunt much and only needed what it can provide, and only with that dinky yet functional coil. Someone will surely enjoy an especially clean Racer 2 package when I list it, but as I trimmed my arsenal down, I had to make the call and it was easy for me. Many memories of using that Racer early-on that produced a lot of trade-tones and old coins from the 1850's to 1910.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Inca .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. Bandido II µMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2022 03:31AM by Monte.
Subject Author Views Posted

Joel asked about my reply regarding my Detector Outfit.

Monte 87 November 09, 2022 04:44PM

Re: Joel asked about my reply regarding my Detector Outfit.

Kickindirt 51 November 10, 2022 03:52AM

Outfit trimmed to only have 1 of each model.

Monte 57 November 10, 2022 04:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40