Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Freshwater Beach Hunters, what is your favorite coil size?

November 10, 2022 03:56AM avatar
Just curious and it was a discussion I had with a few 'locals' who have been working beaches this year.

If I am concentrating on a very littered site or one that is in and around rocks or brush, I grab a unit with a smaller coil. That could be a Racer w/'OOR' or a Silver Sabre µMAX or Bandido II µMAX w/6", or a Vanquish 540 w/5X8 DD. However, for the wide-open sandy beaches I am either going to grab my F-19 w/5X9¾ DD, or most likely my Vanquish 540 with the mid-size 7X10 DD.. Before I only had the 5X8 and thew 9X12, favoring the smaller coil most of the time and the 9X12 for plowed fields or large grassy parks. I never had or tried the mid-size coil. Wish I would have when OregonGregg had one. Due to the physical package of thee Vanquish, it is a surprisingly comfortable coil to provide a bit more coverage and a bit of added depth.

As most know, I am not a 'big-coil' fan but I know some who like them and I am wondering what coil sizes most enjoy to work a beach?

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Inca .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. Bandido II µMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' & 'Wasp' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Freshwater Beach Hunters, what is your favorite coil size?

Monte 98 November 10, 2022 03:56AM

Re: Freshwater Beach Hunters, what is your favorite coil size?

kac 53 November 10, 2022 09:22AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 44