Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In agreement, Todd, regarding modes.

November 27, 2022 05:04PM avatar
Timbertodd
I ran an AT Pro for a bit. I found the coil plug connection to be a real pain in the rearend. I ran in Zero mode after experimenting with the other settings. I felt it missed too many what were good targets in the coin and jewelry modesb]. Monte's suggestion of the Simplex for a single freq. waterproof unit is solid.

I found the same thing with the AT Pro, as well as most models out there that have factory pre-set Disc. segments. Matter-of-fact, I don't use any of the 'preset' Disc. modes on anything I have or that I have used in the past decade or two. Sometimes it they are set for Zero, or an All Metal Acceptance Disc. mode, they can work okay for what I am doing, but they are usually set for a lower Disc. setting when able.

The FORS Relic has a Ferrous/Non-Ferrous Tone Break of '20' and my default start-up Disc. is set at '5'. The F-19 Ltd. has a Ferrous/Non-Ferrous break point of '40' and on it I have the Disc. at '0' to accept everything and rely on the 2-Tone with a Low-Tone for Iron Audio. The Racer aloo has a '40' Ferrous Break-Point, and I run it with the Disc. set at '10' in either 2-Tone or 3-Tone mode, and rely on the Low-Tone Iron Audio for alert. A Vanquish 540 has a default GB glitch in all preset Disc. modes, especially for the highly mineralized ground I search and can't use the All Metal Accept 'Horseshoe' function w/o terrible falsing. So, on that model, I use a Custom Disc. mode based on the Jewelry mode and at turn-on it accepts every Disc. segment except the first two. Those are rejected.

Also handy is the Iron Audio Volume adjustment on the Relic, F-19 Ltd and V-540 where I have it set for the Low-Tone iron Audio to have a lower Volume level to let me hear the annoying Irion but not hear it loud and blaring.

No perfect detector out there, but we can adjust some of them to be more pleasant as well as hit on coins and tokens and other non-ferrous keepers better while also unmasking good target in ferrous debris.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Garrett AT Prou

william1 189 November 27, 2022 12:49AM

Fresh Water or Salt Water ? N/T

UtahRich 82 December 01, 2022 09:17PM

My comments on the Garrett AT Pro.

Monte 173 November 27, 2022 01:59AM

Re: My comments on the Garrett AT Pro.

Timbertodd 127 November 27, 2022 10:36AM

In agreement, Todd, regarding modes.

Monte 107 November 27, 2022 05:04PM

Rick N. MI 111 November 27, 2022 10:51AM

Rick N. MI 99 November 27, 2022 11:11AM

I am with you on that, Rick.

Monte 105 November 27, 2022 01:13PM

My thoughts on the ATP

kac 157 November 28, 2022 10:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24