Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good, 'functional' separation is important.

November 28, 2022 10:44AM avatar
Useful when working in dense trash with a lot of partially-masked good targets, but for 'separation' to be useful it takes a combination of Quick-Response & Fast-Recovery, and a smaller coil as well.

Rick N. MI
Was using 6" coil.

Use:

Park or Field

Disc Pattern: F, notch foil if you don't want it or C, Use disc instead of tone break

M2 or M3

Set Tone Break at 1, this is what makes the separation incredible. For some reason Tone Break is affecting separation.

Iron Filter 1, Stability 4

Iron Filter, Stability, and Tone break are are all connected and affect separation.

Try it out. This make the Legend separation as good as anything.

And here we have one problem for many detector users to understand and that is the terminology used by different manufacturers for different models that might be similar to something used by a different manufacturer, but they decided to use a different term/name. In the end not everything makes sense.

For a Legend owner who knows their detector well and what all the above means, they might get more help from your post. I don't own a Legend, Equinox, Deus or other high-end, multi-featured adjustable model, and you sort of pointed out why when you mentioned several adjustment functions that can all affect each other and that can make performance results good or bad.

Me? I like 'simple' yet 'functional', and while I usually favor a smaller-size coil like you mentioned the 6" on the Legend, I doubt the Legend w/6" DD would out-perform an F-19 Ltd., Racer or Racer II, or the very impressive FORS CoRe or FORS Relic. ALL with very terrific and proven 'separation' without a lot of adjustment tinkering. They are Simple, Functional, and provide Performance for a reasonable cost with an ample coil selection.

The only thing the Legend offers for some people that the others don't have is that it is waterproof. One other thing is if the Legend works and makes you happy, then it is a good detector. Now all you need is spring and summer to arrive because I don't think you are in a winter-friendly detecting region.

Glad you found some setting combinations that work for you.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Found something on the Legend that makes separation Incredible

Rick N. MI 191 November 28, 2022 08:40AM

Rick, a guy I know has this link. Might help. ????

Monte 137 November 29, 2022 03:15PM

Re: Rick, a guy I know has this link. Might help. ????

jmaryt 119 November 29, 2022 06:48PM

Thanks Monte

Rick N. MI 146 November 29, 2022 05:52PM

Re: Found something on the Legend that makes separation Incredible

D&P-OR 118 November 28, 2022 01:22PM

Rick N. MI 122 November 28, 2022 06:17PM

Good, 'functional' separation is important.

Monte 124 November 28, 2022 10:44AM

Rick N. MI 135 November 28, 2022 08:44AM

Rick N. MI 130 November 28, 2022 12:36PM

Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

Monte 284 November 28, 2022 03:40PM

Re: Keep us posted on how it works out for you.

Rick N. MI 111 November 28, 2022 06:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38