Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just a courtesy reminder because we are all a bit 'different'.

January 16, 2023 02:20AM avatar
Turn-on-and-Go vs a Manually Adjusted detector.

Single-Tone audio vs 2-Tone, 3-Tone, 4-Tone, 5-Tone or a full-range Multi-Tone.

SF (Single-Frequency), SSF (Selectable Single Frequency), or SMF (Simultaneous Multi-Frequency) operation.

Iron-Audio Volume control or No Iron-Audio Volume control.

No Visual Display vs models with VDI and other Display Information.

Smaller coils, Mid-Size coils, and Larger-Size coils.

VCO Audio vs No VCO Audio.

Modulated Audio vs Saturated Audio.

Black or dark-colored coils vs White colored coils.

Push-button Pinpoint vs Triger-toggle Pinpoint.

Speaker use, Ear-Buds, behind-the-neck or regular Headphones.

Corded Headphones vs Wireless Headphones.

Waterproof detector vs Non-Waterproof detector.

The Type of vehicle we drive.

The Brand vehicle we drive.

And the list can go on and on and on. What we all should do is remember we are all a little different and have our opinions on brands or types of detectors and all the other things listed above, and more. Appreciate the choices we have made and how the equipment works for each of us. Equally, we should respect other's choices because it is all an individual thing and we should satisfy our own desires .... but knot fault others for decisions they made. We might not like something for ourselves, but they might make great sense to someone else so there's no need to fault them or the equipment they use.

As seen in my Signature, I have trimmed my main-use Detector Team to only 7 models. When in the hospital for 1½ months to end 2021, I thought though all the equipment I had and decided to trim my outfit, and in the future not own more than 10 detectors .... if I felt a real need for them. As it is, I could thin out one or two more since I have to change the amount and types of detecting and sites I hunt as the year progresses. So with a 10-unit limit I could shop for one to three more detectors, but they are not needed. As it is, I do miss one or two units I parted with and wish I could replace them such as the Nokta Simplex +. Also, I like to read posts from others as two SMF's interest me, the Minelab Equinox 900 and Nokta Legend. Of course I'd need two or three accessory coils ... if I got one.

So I like to read the posts and comments from UtahRich, Utmike, xpmoguy, diggindeep and other on the Forums because I like to read of their success, but I also like it when posters mention the model detector used, the search coil, and the settings they used. I learn from it, and in the above cases it is usually using an SMF. Others also use them, but I definitely won't fault or make fun of OregonGregg and others who rely on a good SF detector.

This reminder is to enjoy the selections we have, appreciate the decisions others make as well, and limit or comments and replies to kind words and opinions and not poke fun of others or down-grade their decisions just because we might not like them or feel they would work for us. I wish everyone the best of success afield in the coming year, and aside from targets found, I hope everyone has a fun, relaxing and pleasurable time when out to enjoy this terrific outdoor sport. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Silver Sabre µMAX .. Bandido II µMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Just a courtesy reminder because we are all a bit 'different'.

Monte 152 January 16, 2023 02:20AM

Re: Just a courtesy reminder because we are all a bit 'different'.

NWCindy 55 January 20, 2023 09:38AM

Differences

Utmike 82 January 16, 2023 02:41PM

You're welcome ... and you refreshed memories as well.

Monte 65 January 17, 2023 02:55AM

Hmmm !!!

OregonGregg 66 January 16, 2023 09:51PM

A little context re: my above post

Utmike 73 January 16, 2023 07:38PM

ScoTTT2 72 January 16, 2023 11:26AM

kac 64 January 16, 2023 08:40PM

Re: Just a courtesy reminder because we are all a bit 'different'. Attachments

EL NINO 80 January 17, 2023 07:00AM

Bottoms Up to Bells and Whistles. smileys with diet Dr. Pepper float

UtahRich 61 January 17, 2023 01:29PM

kac 63 January 17, 2023 11:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40