Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I welcome your return!

January 23, 2023 05:36PM avatar
And I do my best to keep ahrps forums going along. We have a great group of 'regular' posters who contribute a lot of good info and discussions.

As for the detectors we use, the most important thing is to use them as often as possible and learn them well. Know their strengths and weaknesses, and use the best coil for them based on the sites hunted. We do not always need the newest or most expensive model out there, or the one with the most adjustable features, either.

When March gets here I will wrap up 58 years of being involved in detecting an I have had some of those higher-end models. For example, I have hunted with the EQ -800, and hunted with EQ-800 users. When comparing signals with my Vanquish 540, they were surprised at the Vanquishes performance. The V-540 isn't my main-use detector because I have several and grab the one that I feel is best at handling the site environment I take on.

I have all 3 of the Minelab Vanquish coils, but I prefer the 5X8 DD and keep hat one mounted full-time on my unit. It is very good performer.

Anyway, I am glad to see you back posting and getting more involved in the greatest outdoor sport, ever!

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
I'm now 'back home' in Farr West Utah
monte@ahrps.org ... or ... monte@stinkwaterwells.com
503-481-8147
Detector Outfit: A selection of my chosen makes and models, with the best coils mounted for the tasks I'll take on.
F-19 .. Racer .. Vanquish 540 .. FORS Relic .. Silver Sabre ┬ÁMAX .. Bandido II ┬ÁMAX .. XLT
Pinpointers: Garrett AT Pro-Pointers .. Headphones: 'Hornet' .. MS-3 Z-Lynk .. ML-80
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***
Subject Author Views Posted

Been away for a bit.

Jamie 79 January 22, 2023 07:37PM

I welcome your return!

Monte 44 January 23, 2023 05:36PM

Re: Been away for a bit.

kac 48 January 23, 2023 09:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27