Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You ask about: "using lower tone settings", and that's an interesting topic.

April 28, 2011 06:46AM avatar
Steve S
Thanks, understanding your preferences is helpful.
Just trying to help, as we call can when we contribute to the forums. I am certain other readers are interested in the ground mineral environment we hunt in, and the types of hunting we enjoy doing. Equally, they can be interested in what we think of the model(s) we own and use, and how things go as we 'learn' any new detector. Your contributions will be equally appreciated. thumbs up

Steve S
Does using lower tone settings allow for more processing power to be freed up for better audio and visual response, recovery and visual ID?
I take that to mean using the '1' or '2+' audio Tone ID rather than the '3' or '4' or 'dp' choices? I will say yes, it can. If you read the Owner's Manual regarding Discrimination and the Number of Tones, you will see the explanation of Continuous Processing and Sampled Processing. With all makes or models, I prefer a more Continuous signal process, and as the manual states, a Sampled Process might provide more accurate TID, but it also compromises the 'feel' of a Continuous Process.

The '1' and '1+' Audio Tone ID functions are Continuous Process methods. The '2+' is Continuous, except it requires Sampled Processing to produce the Iron audio ID. The other Tone ID options are also a blend of Continuous and Sampled Processes.

My short answer then is to tell you I usually prefer to hunt with a T2 using the '1' or '1+' Tone ID, or '2+' when in iron trash. Other choices might be made later, but I favor these three offerings the most.

It's all a personal pick and for the types of sites I like to hunt, those are the options that work for me. Enjoy learning your new T2 SE and be sure to let us know how things go as you spend more time in the field.

Monte
Subject Author Views Posted

T2 - What's Best Tones Setting for What Situations?

Steve S 1985 April 26, 2011 11:20PM

Re: T2 - What's Best Tones...Setting Affect Performance?

Steve S 2499 April 27, 2011 11:42PM

You ask about: "using lower tone settings", and that's an interesting topic.

Monte 1427 April 28, 2011 06:46AM

Several choices, and all tied in with your Discrimination setting, but

Monte 1578 April 27, 2011 09:38AM

Re: T2 - What's Best Tones Setting for What Situations?

bruce 3653 April 27, 2011 08:05AM

It goes beyond just picking the best Tones.

Monte 3674 April 28, 2011 06:23AM

Re: T2 - What's Best Tones Setting for What Situations?

glabelle 1571 April 27, 2011 10:23AM

Nice batch of replies, George, and so true.thumbs up N/T

Monte 1531 April 28, 2011 06:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 13 on January 18, 2018
Record Number of Guests: 302 on March 10, 2018