Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and my personal serch coil opinions.

July 28, 2016 06:31PM
Monte
[Glad to hear you have experience in the hobby, but now I know you've left some folks wondering just how old you are.

Well -- I think the machines that I got my start with age me pretty well winking smiley The XP-350 was bought brand new at Costco! I grew up only 20 minutes from the Compass headquarters in Forest Grove. So, compared to a lot of you, I'm just a kid, but compared to my kids, I'm OLD.

Monte
I am working on my 52nd year of detecting and have been enjoying this great sport more than any other outdoor recreation.

I agree! It has been my favorite, and I think it is truly my passion. Your 52 years of experience have made you a living legend, Monte! It was an honor to be able to buy my Bandido II from you, and learn from you. I am glad you are still getting around.

monte
A not too impressive coil for hunting in trashier sites, especially iron nails and other dense ferrous environments. thumbs down

However, in today's gullible market, the newer 8X11 DD is a search coil that just might be sellable to someone who doesn't know any better, and that can help cover the expense of acquiring the detector. thumbs up

Great idea! I'll buy a 6" coil, and maybe sell the 8x11 to help cover costs. One question here: Can I expect to lose much depth from the 6" compared to the 8"?

Thank you Monte! Happy hunting.

-Joe
Subject Author Views Posted

Tesoro Bandido II micromax with widescan coil

kaczjoe 411 July 26, 2016 05:58PM

The Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and my personal serch coil opinions.

Monte 485 July 28, 2016 08:23AM

Re: The Tesoro Bandido II µMAX and my personal serch coil opinions.

kaczjoe 382 July 28, 2016 06:31PM

Joe asks: "One question here:" . Monte answers:

Monte 324 July 29, 2016 09:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 5 on January 14, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016