Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Had an interesting thing happen with my T2

August 05, 2016 10:56PM
Something I had not considered. I headed back to the coastal lighthouse/ranch. I located another house site close by and although the grass was tall, it was somewhat huntable. I used my 11" coil on my Teknetics T2 and found the nails. I was running Sensitivity 85, Discrim 10 and tones 3.

I worked the nails for a bit with the big coil and got a thimble, some brass fittings, bullet casings, lead, and copper bits. Also a few clad coins, but knew the iron masking was hiding more.

I threw on my secret iron weapon, my 5" coil; and never made another find! I had not really paid attention to the depth of my targets, most being 6-8" in very dry and loose soil. The targets must have been beyond the depth of my small coil, even the nails quieted down. I boosted my sensitivity to 99, but to no avail. I could not lock onto anything good.

I wish I had had my NEL Sharp shooter with me. It runs almost the same depth at my 11" coil with much better separation. Still the 11" coil did fair with the carpet of nails and got me a few keepers. I hope to return after a good rain and bring my NEL coil with me next time.

I did have my Tesoro Eldorado with the 6" coil with me, but figured it would not reach the deeper targets either.

Most my sites are hard rocky ground, I never took the time to consider the need for a larger coil and more depth! It is usually smaller is better, lol. Just thought it was a bit funny, another learning experience for sure. Now it has me considering a larger coil for the beach!
Subject Author Views Posted

Had an interesting thing happen with my T2

Fish N Chips 434 August 05, 2016 10:56PM

Re: Had an interesting thing happen with my T2

WM6 326 August 06, 2016 03:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016