Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Matt, I look forward to your in-the-field performance review.

August 19, 2016 04:26PM
Thanks Monte,

I have the same experience with mid to deep targets and the 11" coil, the signal jumps and I end up dig by tone. I am hoping the new coil will squeeze out some deeper signals and be a bit more EMI resistant as I have found my NEL Sharp Shooter to be. Only testing will tell. No doubt the larger coil will have its disabilities, but I consider it another tool in the tool box for specific situations, I am hoping it becomes a replacement for the 11" coil. If I become more interested in coin shooting, I may pick up a machine better suited to the task like the Omega. Preferably one which can accept concentric coils. Bottle caps at these parks can be prevalent and are not always easy to tell apart from a coin. 3b on the T2 works pretty good, but I do notice it degrades those deeper coin signals. My concentric coil machines ignore most of the bottle caps completely.

I will test the 11" coil and 12x13" coil in my test garden. I have dimes and quarters buried to 12", as well as a bottle cap, square nail and pull tab. I probably will not try the nail board test as i know what the results will be, 0/8 grinning smiley
Subject Author Views Posted

Going Big...CORS Strike Coil

Fish N Chips 518 August 18, 2016 08:34PM

Matt, I look forward to your in-the-field performance review.

Monte 318 August 19, 2016 02:16PM

Re: Matt, I look forward to your in-the-field performance review.

Fish N Chips 281 August 19, 2016 04:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016