Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I do remember the very good people I have met

October 23, 2016 09:49PM avatar
through the years I've been involved with this great hobby, and so many people I have known in several clubs I have started or been a member of. Jay & Karen are certainly among them, and I remember the presentation they gave at a meeting describing their adventures and travels for so much Beach Hunting. I envied their travels, knowing at the time I wasn't in a position to make them. Even though I could scrape a trip or two together now, however, I still can't/won't make them because it is difficult to maneuver on a sandy beach with a cane, and to get to any of them that are outside the great 48 states would require flying ... and I don't.

However, we do have our Welcome-to-Hunt Outings each year and I really hope they get a hold of me with contact information so I can add them to the list. Most sites definitely do not include smooth sandy beaches, but they do offer a lot of opportunity to make some exciting finds. And as I am working on ideas for 2017's 5th & 6th WTHO's, I have even considered a few coastal beaches as possible sites as a change-of-pace from our rough-and-rugged, dusty, iron littered old sites we've been picking on.

it's just a matter of finding two or more suitable beach locations where the weather will (historically) be mild and pleasant, and also where we can find affordable, nearby accommodations. The latter might be the toughest task to take care of.

Also, there have been several participants who have discussed a different change in WTHO locations, still keeping the hunt 'type' a Relic Hunting atmosphere, but move from the West to somewhere 'back East' and make the Outing one where we can do some Civil War Ear Relic Hunting. More of a travel for me and others over on this side of the country, but it would be an exciting Outing, and likely draw several new participants to our WTHO Contact List for future outings.

Also, if I can put a few things together soon enough, with any ideas and tips from others, we might be able to squeeze in three Outings in 2017 instead of only two has we have for two years now. I ought to shoot an e-mail off to all those on the current WTHO Contact List and run this past everyone to see who or how many might be interested in a Beach Hunting outing as well as a Civil War Relic Hunt outing.

For new readers and anyone interested, the Welcome-to-Hunt Outings, or WTHO's, are an open-to-hunt activity we have hosted twice this years and last year. No organization membership, do participation cost (unless we have to meet a private property owner's request), and generally nothing anyone has to do except show up ready top meet others who enjoy metal detect6ong, and have their detecting gear to enjoy hunting various sites with the hope of making some exciting finds.

If any reader would like to be added to the WTHO Contact List, please e-mail me the following information:

Name
Mailing Address
Phone Number
E-Mail address

I keep this information confidential, and when referring to others in print on a Forum post, I only use the First name and sometimes a last initial, such as: Rich D. or Rich H. from our last outing, or Gregg A. or Gregg Z. from an outing before that.

I hope you, and both Jay & Karen, are able to get out for some good detecting before the too inclement season arrives over there. I sure hope I can find a way to stay mobile enough to get out detecting when I hit there age, if I last that long sad smiley

If they could make an outing, they could join some of the other 'oldsters' who make it, and hold their own, too..

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta:
Impact w/7" C., Impact w/5X9½ DD, Relic w/5" DD, Relic w/5½X10 C., Relic w/7X11 DD, CoRe w/'OOR' DD and CoRe w/7X11 DD
Tesoro:
Vaquero w/6" C., Bandido II µMAX w/6" C., Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" C. and Mojave w/7" C.

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta and Tesoro
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

friends from the past

obrienc 317 October 23, 2016 04:34AM

I do remember the very good people I have met

Monte 295 October 23, 2016 09:49PM

Re: I do remember the very good people I have met

obrienc 224 October 24, 2016 12:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016