Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LOULAS, back to you.

November 01, 2016 12:35PM avatar
LOULAS
No problem with the mod as it works exactly the same as before I put an external GB pot on it and adjusted the internal pot.
So did you install GB pot without using the internal GB trimmer contacts? Now you have an external manual GB pot, as well as the internal GB trimmer?

LOULAS
I think I've got a model that offsets the GB in all metal differently to Disc. mode. It seems to shift the GB negative when switching to Disc. mode.
The way most Tesoro's have been made; you will notice that the Discriminate mode's GB reference, in circuitry, is somewhat positive offset from the All Metal mode's GB setting. Example, w/o a modification, the Silver Sabre µMAX uses an internally preset GB trimmer. You can adjust it to be 'spot on' for the All Metal Pinpoint mode with a proper Threshold audio. But the Discriminate mode has a slightly positive reference off that setting, to get the Discriminate mode to have a closer to proper or spot-on GB, I adjust it when in the silent search Discriminate mode. Have been doing that on Tesoro's since the summer of '83, using an internal trimmer on preset models, or the external GB control on manual GB models.

I coined the term 'Power Balance' for adjusting the GB when in the Discriminate mode back about '81, and it has been very helpful for me when using Tesoro's, especially when hunting in very mineralized environments to improve the Discriminate mode performance.

LOULAS
With regards to µMax Micromax and Umax I was just copying how it shows on the Tesoro website.
Sorry if it bothered you, it has just been one of those things that bugs me, and has ever since Jack came up with that idea decades ago. Some people say micro MAX but use the letter 'u', but many call it 'you' MAX and that's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I type with a laptop that has the separate numeric keypad on the right hand side so it lets me make quick symbols, such as the µ symbol. I just hold down the 'ALT' key and type 230 and that leaves me with a µ. Can't do that with the top row of numbers so most folks use a letter 'u' because they don't know a difference, and it can be a pain to cut-and-paste a lot.

Best of success with your Tesoro.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta:
Impact w/7" C., Impact w/5X9½ DD, Relic w/5" DD, Relic w/5½X10 C., Relic w/7X11 DD, CoRe w/'OOR' DD and CoRe w/7X11 DD
Tesoro:
Vaquero w/6" C., Bandido II µMAX w/6" C., Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" C. and Mojave w/7" C.

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta and Tesoro
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Silver Sabre Umax GB Shift

LOULAS 460 October 30, 2016 09:09AM

Re: Silver Sabre Umax GB Shift

RickUK 308 October 31, 2016 03:44AM

Re: Silver Sabre Umax GB Shift

Rich (Utah) 243 November 12, 2016 06:34AM

First, 'Welcome' to the AHRPS Forums. We hope you

Monte 431 October 30, 2016 06:04PM

Re: First, 'Welcome' to the AHRPS Forums. We hope you

LOULAS 298 October 31, 2016 11:28AM

LOULAS, back to you.

Monte 293 November 01, 2016 12:35PM

Re: LOULAS, back to you.

WM6 293 November 01, 2016 10:13PM

Re: LOULAS, back to you.

DesertRokon 259 November 01, 2016 05:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016