Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BOOK: "Did I ever create something like an index? ... Yes, however,

December 04, 2016 12:47AM avatar
that was quite a while ago and we have gone through many changes and advancements in metal detector design and operational techniques over these many years since.

I started notes, the basis for an Index of sorts, in '82, and I had the original bookwork ready for editing in '94, and if you think of that progress, we have come a long, long way. I started the book a year before Tesoro brought out the Inca and captured my attention and everyone's with the first really good-working, silent-search 2-filter metal detector. That came out 33½ years ago, and I started the book over 34½ years ago.

By '96 we had only been using a White's XLT for a couple of years, and there wasn't yet a Classic ID or MXT or DFX or many other far advanced (features and performance and physical packing) detectors like we have enjoyed this past two decades. Therefore, there are going to be a lot of things to catch up on and I am sure ample editing to be done as well.

So, anyone who has any thoughts on topics they would like to have in a metal detect6ing book, please shoot me an e-mail and list them. Even prioritize them, if desired. Also, if there is anything you DON'T want to have stuck in a book, share that with me as well. E-mail is the best way to do that.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta:
Impact w/7" C., Impact w/5X9½ DD, Relic w/5" DD, Relic w/5½X10 C., Relic w/7X11 DD, CoRe w/'OOR' DD and CoRe w/7X11 DD
Tesoro:
Vaquero w/6" C., Bandido II µMAX w/6" C., Silver Sabre µMAX w/6" C. and Mojave w/7" C.

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta and Tesoro
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

I found my first V nickel today Attachments

Rdunzl 380 November 28, 2016 05:09AM

A nice 'surprise' find! But I can go one or two better than that, if I step back in time..

Monte 294 December 01, 2016 02:47PM

Re: A nice 'surprise' find! But I can go one or two better than that, if I step back in time..

NWCindy 255 December 04, 2016 12:37AM

Re: A nice 'surprise' find! But I can go one or two better than that, if I step back in time..

Rdunzl 250 December 02, 2016 06:56PM

Ever think of writing a book? ...thinking

Monte 264 December 02, 2016 07:15PM

Re: Ever think of writing a book? ...thinking

WM6 227 December 03, 2016 09:52PM

BOOK: "Did I ever create something like an index? ... Yes, however,

Monte 282 December 04, 2016 12:47AM

Re: I found my first V nickel today

OregonGregg 284 November 29, 2016 04:17AM

NWCindy 257 November 29, 2016 03:00AM

Remfire 239 November 28, 2016 03:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 5 on January 14, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016