Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Whites V3i, MXT All-Pro, XL Pro, XLT and the models that worked best for me.

January 24, 2017 08:16AM avatar
Of those listed, the MXT Pro, or All Pro which is the same detector, is the most versatile and best performance multi-purpose detector in White's line-up today. I enjoyed mine from their first release up until two years ago when I was won-over my the Nokta FORS CoRe and then the Makro Racer series. Today that also include my 1st grab model, the FORS Relic.

Back from '94 until about to '05 my detector arsenal also included two of my all-time favorite White's detectors, the XLT and XL Pro. Very impressive performance, but the weight and balance just kind of got to this falling apart and aching old phart. Plus, I don't Coin Hunt those wide-open parks with a faster-sweep detector like I used to be able to do.

The V3i? Well, I had an early Vision before their 'official' introduction in Texas, and I went through several of them, finding one annoying glitch after another, going thru the name change to Spectra V3 and on to the current model, the V3i. I like the VX3 a little better, but overall I don't care for either of them. They are still glitchy for me, fussy about settings, require a bit more 'controlled' sweep presentation, and don't hunt well for me in the very iron littered old town sites I like to hunt, and don't keep up with the performance I get from my Relic, CoRe, Racer 2 or favorite Tesoro models.

Because I have spend the bulk of my hunting time in older-use places with ample iron discards, I have had my all-time best results from using a favored Tesoro model ... so when I pick a Relic Hunting unit for my detector battery, it has to pass a few tests to provide Tesoro-like performance. Very few can do that with 'simple' set-up and still be 'functional' which is why out of the White's line of modern detectors, the MX5 and MXT Pro qualified, not the higher tech Spectra series.

Note below that my current detector battery includes my Bandido II microMAX (just returned from Tesoro for some updating and replacing a broken Threshold pot) and Silver Sabre microMAX. Of my all-time favorite Tesoro models I have these because the are lighter and handy-to-use, and work pretty well in most dense trash, as most Tesoro's can.

But as good as they are in some challenging iron littered sites with their 6" Concentric coils, because of their 'Low-Noise/High-Gain' circuitry they are not quite as clean performing in close iron as some former models that are also top favorites of mine. I traded off one of those favorites, a Bandido II, to David G. last September on our last WTHO in Nevada.

I currently don't have any of these three, an 'original' Bandido, Bandido II and Silver Sabre II, having sold or traded them on the last two September Outings we've held, and just two days ago, on Sunday, there were 2 original Bandido's and a Silver Sabre II all up on e-bay by the same seller. I don't do e-bay but have my oldest son handle those deals for me, but about the time they closed we were out helping a crew get rid of snow from my roof and carport awning. Well, they were and I was kind of hobbling around and leaning on my cane 'supervising' and forgot to remind my son about those three models.

Those pre-µMAX (microMAX) models handled dense iron nail conditions better and quieter and make great units to have on-hand ... with a smaller-size search coil. I wish I knew who bought them, but until the next time a good deal comes along, I have my two current and trusty Tesoro's, and they have excellent competition from my CoRe, Relic, Racer 2 and Gold Racer.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Nokta: Two each of the following: Impact, FORS Relic and FORS CoRe
Tesoro: Vaquero, Silver Sabre µMAX and Mojave
White's: MX7 (coming soon)

Other Specialty-Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bags.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Whites V3i

johnedoe 429 January 20, 2017 02:11PM

Re: Whites V3i

glabelle 305 January 25, 2017 07:19PM

Even today I feel the best all-purpose detector in White's line-up

Monte 379 January 26, 2017 11:43AM

WM6 327 January 26, 2017 05:32AM

johnedoe 274 January 25, 2017 07:46PM

RickUK 295 January 21, 2017 08:05AM

zincoln 380 January 21, 2017 06:04AM

johnedoe 244 January 21, 2017 09:43AM

zincoln 339 January 21, 2017 07:53PM

johnedoe 354 January 21, 2017 08:51PM

DirtDigger 312 January 21, 2017 12:58AM

johnedoe 273 January 21, 2017 09:38AM

DirtDigger 314 January 21, 2017 11:46AM

Whites V3i, MXT All-Pro, XL Pro, XLT and the models that worked best for me.

Monte 405 January 24, 2017 08:16AM

Re: Whites V3i, MXT All-Pro, XL Pro, XLT and the models that worked best for me.

johnedoe 296 January 24, 2017 07:05PM

WM6 354 January 23, 2017 04:52AM

johnedoe 270 January 21, 2017 06:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 13
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016