Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Nexus MP, Monte Berry's nail board test, extended edition.

April 12, 2017 03:53AM
OregonGregg
Hi RickUK, nice video. Pretty nice for a 9" coil. I was wondering though and I have never used a Nexus machine so do not know a thing about them. Is that the normal sweep speed....seemed a little fast especially when working through an iron infested site...or is that the sweep speed required for that machine ?? How does it do with a slow sweep speed?

Always wished that the Nokta/Makro folks would make a small concentric for their machines ( like the Racer series and Fors series.) They did make one concentric coil the 5.5 x 10 for the Fors Gold plus which can also be used on the Relic. Wish they would have made one for some of their other machines.

gregg

Gregg,for the most part when i use the Nexus MP i would swing slowly and slower the better,the swing speed in the video i am guessing was done at that fast speed by the guy who owns and designs Nexus detectors just to show that it could be done at that speed.It was just a publicity stunt video more than anything,a extra twist if you like on the famous nail board test.

I dont have any connection with the company apart from using a couple of the detectors that they make and i have paid full purchase price for them,my personal take on the Nexus MP and why i bought it its one of the worlds deepest machines and mainly known for deep relic/hoard hunting using normal DD coils or the famous figure 8 coils,but the MP has the ability too hunt bad ground conditions that only Pulse machines can venture into.So in a Nutshell you get Pulse power and the advantages of a Pulse machine but also still being a VLF machine with full discrimination.This was the owners 1st use of Concentric coils on his machines and what the detector/coil combination can do.

I guess anyone could look at any video test or even a written review on any machine/coil or any related detecting equipment and highlight that it could of been done differently either,basically any video is just a quick show on what it can do and any other brand loyal diehards will always pick up on certain things or highlight certain points.Its called human nature and any YouTube video is open too these i guess.

My take on it is that no machine can do it all,this is why i use some machine/s/coil combinations on certain sites because they are the best tool for the job.

Makro and Tesoro machine are world renown for the ability for iron invested/trashy sites conditions,Pulse machines for bad Aussie/Nevada ground conditions,but i mainly use a Nexus for brute force power on deep pasture hoard sites for the depth that only other machines can dream of.

Deus and Nexus MP.

DFX,IDX Pro,TDI Pro,Crossbow Pulse,Mirage Pulse,Fisher TW-5 twin box,UK Vaquero,Adrado 120b,Nexus SE mainly site specific use machines.
Subject Author Views Posted

Nexus MP, Monte Berry's nail board test, extended edition.

RickUK 265 April 09, 2017 03:07AM

NWCindy 173 April 12, 2017 10:57PM

OregonGregg 197 April 12, 2017 01:26AM

RickUK 181 April 12, 2017 03:53AM

Kickindirt 180 April 11, 2017 11:33PM

RickUK 189 April 12, 2017 04:17AM

Re: Nexus MP, Monte Berry's nail board Rick

Kickindirt 174 April 12, 2017 04:55AM

Re: Nexus MP, Monte Berry's nail board Rick

WM6 176 April 12, 2017 10:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 30
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016