Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Tesoro LST was one of my main-use detectors back in 1999,

April 24, 2017 12:48PM avatar
at least for several months, and it could do some things well. It depends on where you hunt, what you are searching for, the search coil used and settings chosen. Humm... I think that applies to all detectors, doesn't it?

I tried the Lobo SuperTRAQ for some Gold Nugget Hunting, but preferred the Tesoro Diablo microMAX.

I did some Relic Hunting with the Lobo ST using the stock coil, but mainly the round 8" donut Concentric coil, but I did better with the two Bandido series models and Pantera I had at the time, mainly due to the manual GB that provided me the ability to best set the Discriminate mode performance. It was in some challenging ground and the preset GB for the Disc. mode on the LST didn't do so well. Also, the difference in operating frequency gave the edge to the other models on higher-conductive (silver) coins.

Coin Hunting many areas the Lobo SuperTRAQ was 'OK' with the round 8" Concentric coil, nabbing my 2nd big Silver Dollar (a 1904 Morgan) that year.

Overall, however, I had other detectors that I preferred to use than the LST for any application, plus was annoyed by the preset GB for the Disc. mode in some challenging ground I often hunt in, so after a while I parted with it and haven't missed it at all since then.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detectors:
Makro: Racer 2 w/'OOR' & 5" DD
Nokta: Impact (2) w/5" DD and w/5X9½ DD, Relic (3) w/5" DD, w/5½X10 Con. and 7X11 DD, and CoRe(2) w/'OOR' and w/7X11 DD
Tesoro: Vaquero, Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX each w/6" Concentric and Mojave w/7" Concentric

Other Specialty Use Detectors from:
Compass, Makro, Nokta and Tesoro
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand, NOT in my order of preference for use. Additional search coils on-hand in accessory bag.

Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using the Killer B 'Hornet'.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147
Subject Author Views Posted

Tesoro Lobo Super Traq : Is it worth its weight in Gold...?

Pablo61 230 April 24, 2017 11:44AM

Tesoro Lobo Super Traq : Is it worth its weight in Gold...?

Rich (Utah) 192 April 25, 2017 12:48AM

modify a LST..?

pinenut 168 April 25, 2017 03:50PM

Lobo ST and the Disc. mode GB adjustment.

Monte 175 April 26, 2017 12:21AM

Re: modify a LST..?

Pablo61 154 April 25, 2017 06:51PM

The Tesoro LST was one of my main-use detectors back in 1999,

Monte 226 April 24, 2017 12:48PM

Re: The Tesoro LST was one of my main-use detectors back in 1999,

Pablo61 148 April 25, 2017 06:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Guests: 182 on September 16, 2016